Apartment Builds

Shawn M

I lived for 13 years in an 800 sq.ft. 1 bedroom condo and modeled like crazy the entire time! 

I also did crazy stuff like build furniture and lots of other creative projects in there!  

Don't let your space limit what you do!  Not saying the OP is!  I'm just mentioning this generally to those who might be living in a cramped environment.

Where there is a will, there is a way.  You can overcome almost anything.

Love the mini-tanks, Shawn! 

On 3/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Shawn M said:

Been living in an apartment without any real model space, plus now that we're under lock down I've got to keep busy.

Built these two, working on a 1/72 BF-110D as well.

I've highlighted the solution to not having enough modelling space in an apartment.

You DO have enough modelling space, but it sounds like it's currently being taken up by another person?!

Priorities.....

18 hours ago, Shawn M said:

LOL

the other people are my priority, its just 3 of us and a dog in a small apartment.

Luckily we move into our house next week and my GF and i get a dedicated hobby room!

I cant wait to pick up my 110G project again!

To be honest, swapping girlfriends for modelling space is not generally recommended, especially for younger modellers.

Wives are a different matter entirely....

Whatever you do, keep that dog! 

LOVE the little armor dudes...

In addition to the 1/32 Mustang, I started a 1/144 B-58 Hustler solely to work on my metal painting skills.  No interior, painted over cockpit, not even landing gear.  The entire plane is smaller than my hand but already have it all together with three shades of paint on it.  It also cost less than the resin wheels and tires for the Mustang.  :clap2:

I hate this Shelter-In-Place but fully understand why we have to do it.  I'm in a condo in a high-rise building and we, unfortunately, have cases of COVID-19 in my building.  So I rarely even leave my place: 2-3 a week to get the mail, and usually I do that after 10pm when nobody is around.  I turned the 3rd BR into my home office/hobby room so as least I have plenty of room.

Stay safe everyone!

Chris

Thanks Chris, stay safe out there!

We're actually moving into our house this weekend, I will have a hobby room to build in again and be reunited with my drums so I can play!

I built a couple Gundam Robots as well as a 1/72 BF-110D, simple easy brain fodder builds.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:27 PM, Shawn M said:

LOL

the other people are my priority, its just 3 of us and a dog in a small apartment.

Luckily we move into our house next week and my GF and i get a dedicated hobby room!

I cant wait to pick up my 110G project again!

Good to see you back modelling Shawn and looking forward to seeing you continue with your G-4 build when you are settled again. I have a G-2 conversion which I am starting to get itchy fingers over starting!

Stay safe and happy modelling 

Regards. Andy