Trumpeter F-105G (Done)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, John1 said:

Love the SEA paintwork.   I'm (slowly) doing the same thing for my F-4C build.  How did you handle the edges?   Masks or just free hand?   It looks awesome.   BTW - any updates?

The line between the gray underside and the top was taped. The lines between the colors on the top were just free hand and a little going back to touch up. It is thinned Vallejo paints through a H&S Infinity with 0.15 needle at 10.5 psi.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on decals, frustrating. I'm using the kit decals and anything that is printed in multiple colors and somewhat larger are very fragile. I've already used national markings from an old sheet bought a long time ago for two of the three that I've put on. I haven't put the one on the bottom wing yet. I'll have to mask off and paint the right-side tail stripe because that one just shattered while trying to put it on. :BANGHEAD2::blowup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the decals are on. Not entirely happy with them, but, they're there. :hmmm:So is the panel line wash and some grunge, still more to add.

beYTqv.jpg

I've only started to build the stuff to hang on it. From some photos, there will be a centerline tank and a tank on the right inboard pylon. An AGM-78 on the left inboard pylon and AGM-45s on both outboard pylons. And of course there are various bits, gear, etc. to go. In the process of doing the panel lines I managed to knock off two small bits, one I have and the other one went to feed the carpet monster.

Dave

Edited by denders

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • denders changed the title to Trumpeter F-105G (Done)