Trumpeter F-105G (Done)

It's a really fun plane to airbrush that SEA camouflage scheme onto these huge aircraft, if you're into learning a little about the history/engineering/operations of the F-105G "Wild Weasels" check out "The Hunter-Killers" by Dan Hampton.  Good book about the history of how the "wild weasel" and SEAD/DEAD missions came to be, and how they played that deadly game of cat and mouse.

Thank you Kev for moving this.

I think I have a big enough shelf, right above my computer monitors. I've wanted to build one of these since Trumpeter released the kit.

I've read quite a few books from the period, I don't recall if I've read it, I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Dave

Thanks, the seats are Avionix and the rest is Eduard. The Eduard instructions have you make some cuts and there are spacers for the whole cockpit to adjust its location. The kit parts evidently locate the cockpit a bit low. This looks like it ended up just a skosh high, but I haven't tried the canopy pieces yet. If I wanted the canopies closed, which I don't. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Well that IS a big-un! 

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, it's 25" from nose to the end of the paper mask at the engine. It doesn't have a pitot on the nose yet and the AB petals will be close to the location of the end of the masking. My bench is 48" wide and ~24" deep. My paint booth is ~24" wide and about ~16" in front of the filter.

Off to paint some Tan.

Dave