Dave Williams

PSA: Free e-books from Osprey

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Heads up, Osprey Publishing is offering 5 free e-books (their choice) every week.

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Free_eBooks_week_1/

Thanks!  Could use some reading info when we are out dispersed camping in the wilderness

18 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I actually searched for it, but found nothing. Thanks, Dean.

Websites own search facilities tend to be pretty rubbish. I use Google, so for the free ebooks I searched on Google.com:

site:ospreypublishing.com free ebooks

Obviously, replace ospreypublishing.com with whatever the website name is you want to search through, so searching this forum would be site:forum.largescaleplanes.com, searching the BBC site would be

site:www.bbc.com - whatever the name is shown as in the address bar. Not all sites use www.

5 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

OK, the Osprey severs seem to keep giving me error messages, so no books for me it looks like.

have the same problem.  sent an email to their customer support but no answer as of yet :(

edit:  just tried again, and somehow it worked.  Got mesel' 3 books this time

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

3 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

OK, the Osprey severs seem to keep giving me error messages, so no books for me it looks like.

Same for me.  Haven’t been able to get back in since last week.  It keeps locking up during the loading of pages, usually when I try to login, if it hasn’t before.  It won’t let me checkout if I can’t login.  Tried different browsers, etc.  No joy.

23 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Same for me.  Haven’t been able to get back in since last week.  It keeps locking up during the loading of pages, usually when I try to login, if it hasn’t before.  It won’t let me checkout if I can’t login.  Tried different browsers, etc.  No joy.

No staff to work out the server issues I suspect. Perhaps they'll get it corrected soon, at least I hope so.