Revell 1/32 Tempest... new?

nmayhew

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Id LOVE a cardoor!!   However...............that would not be a re-pop save the old worn out Revell cardoor Tiffie.  It would take a complete and actual whole new-tool kit. Id love one, but I dont see it happening any time soon. 

Have you looked at the Airfix 1/24 car doot Tiffie??  If you're OK with that scale, it's a great kit.  I wish Airfix would do a 1/24 Tempest too, but in these pox ridden times, I won't hold my breath. :unsure:

Cheers,

Michael

On 3/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, nmayhew said:

willing to bet a 'virtual beer' it's not a re-pop of SH - short run is not Revell's style

I do hope it's new tool as I have no interest in short run anything, and no interest in Roy's nose correction given it looks a beast to cut from the cast block

They have been known to release SH short-runs under their own label, the 1/32 Aircobra being an example.  Like you  i have no interest in short-run.

We have seen Revell release several 1/32's from other companies recently, the Dragon bf110C and the ICM I-16 Rata also come to mind.

Hi guys, 

Actually a very large majority of the releases of the companies that used to produce short-run kits are very close to the mainstream companies standards of some years ago. For instance, the quality of the Tempest has nothing in common with the one of the P-39. The kits currently coming from Eastern Europe are quite often cheaper, more accurate and not more difficult to build than Chinese kits. They are actually becoming very close to the Japanese quality. 

11 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Have you looked at the Airfix 1/24 car doot Tiffie??  If you're OK with that scale, it's a great kit.  I wish Airfix would do a 1/24 Tempest too, but in these pox ridden times, I won't hold my breath. :unsure:

24th is really too big for me honestly. I thought about the F6F awhile ago, but I would really only do that scale as a ceiling hanger, and am not intol the  Tiffe enough to go to that expense and trouble unless it was in 32nd.

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

...and since Revell has repopped the SH Tempest MkV,

how long til they repop the MkII ?  I'll buy that !!!

ZPctpNV.jpg

Sounds good to me as well, I hope it does happen, the Mk.II is outside of my preferred time period but it is a fine looking aircraft so I was waiting for the non Hi Tech version of the kit from SH, so if Revell bring one out I will buy one.

Cheers

Dennis

I hope they will do it but this is not that sure as typically Revell is reboxing a single variant from a series of kits coming from other manufacturers: One Italeri Mirage, one ICM Bucker or Polikarpov, one Hasegawa Spitfire or Stuka, one SH P-39, one MRC/Academy UH-1B or OH-58D, etc. etc.

Out of my memory, the only LSP exception was the Bf-109G4 and K4 coming from the same Hasegawa series. In the current case, it is true the Tempest Mk.II is sufficiently different to be re-released by them and be another exception. Wait and see.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:50 PM, Tony T said:

I'm 100% sure it's a Special Hobby re-pop of the Mk.V plastic with new decals slid into a bigger box.

Who injects plastic and how Covid-19 affects this and other releases is a moot point. I'm still waiting for Airfix's re-pop of the 1/48 Sea Vixen announced over a year ago.

But I'm buying. A Tempestuous year most definitely.

Tony

The Airfix Sea Vixen reissue has been cancelled. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.