Jennings Heilig

Stay at home order in effect - what to do??

I've lived in houses smaller than that garage.

But as Mike says, it's crying out for some insulation & MDF to go with the lights & power. Then you've got yourself  a pretty impressive workspace at your disposal.

Or an overflow stash repository.

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Insulate, sheetrock or chipboard. Build a bench, add electrics and lights.

LOL... my handyman recommended that too.  I've got plenty of man cave room for that that's air conditioned.  You can't be out there in the summer.  

My garage was like that...when I moved in. Leave the car outside I reckon and turn it into a nice workshop.

It oozes potential for being plumbed and wired whilst the stud wall is open.

Yep.  Been deep cleaning my place in this time off.  I'm guessing I'll have it cleaned to a molecular level by the time I go back to work.

Matt 

19 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Only if you wanted a big puddle of melted styrene.  I've measured it at 125F out there in the summer.

Hence insulating it first - 100mm PIR double faced foil insulation should do the trick, both walls & ceiling.

Jennings,

Did your hospital cancel elective surgeries? My wife is an RN who has worked in the OR for 30 years. They halted everything but urgent and emergency surgery. She was given a choice of working the wards or the ER. She took the ER and is in the parking lot screening patients. She can't wait to get back to the "easy" 10 hour shifts in the OR :)

Our governor signed an executive order last Friday banning all elective procedures.  Problem is, it’s left up to the surgeon/MD as to what is or isn’t elective, and we have a few who are acting like asses and insisting on doing things that don’t need to be done (follow the money).  But overall cases are way down.  The surgery center where I usually work does pacemakers and ICD’s, so those are always considered essential, but we’ve had more than a few patients cancel out of concern for themselves.  

It’s going to be a wild ride in America for the foreseeable future. PLEASE do NOT believe the “we’ll be back to normal by Easter” BS that’s been spouted today.  We factually will not in ANY way be back to normal by then.  

And no matter where you live, PLEASE stay home.  Unless there is some life threatening problem, stay home and away from other people. If you must go out, just make it to the grocery or pharmacy, and wear gloves, use sanitizer, and wash your hands.  

This has the very, very real potential to end up with many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US.  Other places are likely to see similar outcomes.

We are getting in the habit of making lists; lockdown coming soon.

Still, insulate and add ventilation, your kits will be ok. Man cave= garage

Study= spare room.