Jennings Heilig

Lost my best friend today...

Lulu P. Hound Dog.  I got her as a 4-month old bundle of energy in June of 2005.  She and I have been through an awful lot together.  But time and arthritis caught up with her.  She had about the best life a dog could have had, and was the best buddy a guy could possibly have ever asked for.  I sure wouldn't have made it through some of the stuff I've been through without her by my side.

You're going to be missed more than I can possibly say Lulu.  I love you :wub:

wBgHJK.jpg

It would be a pretty poor dog that didn't break your heart when they go

Sorry for your loss, it sounds like you have done your best for Lulu

Richard

Very sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our puppy last January, and it still hurts. They are truly members of the family. Give yourself time to mourn. It's important.

Best wishes.

31 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

She had about the best life a dog could have had, and was the best buddy a guy could possibly have ever asked for.

I stepped away from the keyboard to wake Fergie (Miniature Schnauzer) and scratch her behind the ears.

So sorry for your loss...

Jennings, it surely is hard to loose a dear friend this way, i've experienced the same with our bearded collie, keep good memories and remember!!

My Border Collie is goof girl barking at the... who knows what outside right now.  I will miss it when it’s done for good. She is so much of the family. Read “The Great Grisby”.  It will help your mourning process. 
Rick

I can empathise (I had to let 3 cats depart in piece before the one I got now).  My worst one was the first casualty - cancer on his spleen, diagnosed on Thursday, a fight with his pal on Saturday, Sunday evening all was over for him.  Still miss him, best pal I ever had.