Jump to content
LSP_Ray

I think I am offended...

Recommended Posts

My life loves to watch British TV, so we subscribed to Acorn TV. She especially likes the Brit murder mysteries and some of the comedies. So she started in on Mount Pleasant. Wouldn't you know one of the weirder neighbors who is married to a love-starved woman turns out to be a modeler. All he thinks about is modeling in his little shed. She manages to get his attention when she buys him an Airfix 1/24th Harrier. Next shows them both happy in the bedroom, him with a big grin as he stares at his Harrier hanging from the ceiling over the bed.

They kill him off though when he has a problem flying his RC F-117. It ends up crashing into his face.

Not right, I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take heart from knowing that ‘love starved’ is a human condition used by writers juxtaposed with <fill in the opposite condition>.  Darn uncreative if you ask me.   He has a problem flying his RC plane or did someone kill him off while sharing his frequency?  It is a Murder mystery. 

 

So... what did your wife say to you?  Was this essentially a parable?

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Take heart from knowing that ‘love starved’ is a human condition used by writers juxtaposed with <fill in the opposite condition>.  Darn uncreative if you ask me.   He has a problem flying his RC plane or did someone kill him off while sharing his frequency?  It is a Murder mystery. 

 

So... what did your wife say to you?  Was this essentially a parable?

 

Rick

When I complained, she said it seemed pretty realistic to her!

My only RC stuff is armor. Slow enough I can dodge them. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

    My life loves to watch British TV,

 

So do I. Have since the early '90s when they started showing up here in the U.S. then they went away.

Now I watch Britcom on Amazon Prime which has abuncha my old faves.

                     British TV ... the best old chap

                       qsxWLGU.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

 

So do I. Have since the early '90s when they started showing up here in the U.S. then they went away.

Now I watch Britcom on Amazon Prime which has abuncha my old faves.

                     British TV ... the best old chap

                       qsxWLGU.jpg

 

 

 

Same actor, same sentiment - with an aeroplane!

 

51j1ccG2AFL._AC_.jpg

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RLWP said:

 

Same actor, same sentiment - with an aeroplane!

 

51j1ccG2AFL._AC_.jpg

 

Richard

 

Isn't that a screenshot from the movie:  THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES???

Great picture!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jack said:

 

Isn't that a screenshot from the movie:  THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES???

Great picture!!!

 

It certainly is. Terry Thomas as Sir Percy Ware-Armitage (Armitage Ware used to be found written of lavatory pans)

 

And the AVRO IV Triplane replica built for the film which is now in the Shuttleworth collection:

 

Avro_Triplane_repro.jpg

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I wonder how much money was lost there...1/2 scale!?!

 

Lots. Some of those larger turbo jet engines are worth 5 - 10k alone. He could have had 10k - 50k in that thing depending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Wow!  The ending just makes your chin drop.  Just goes to my (new) motto:  If you want to throw it away, put a motor in it.

 

True: when I was about 11 I did a free-flying balsa-and-tissue rubber band powered aeroplane, and it met a similar fate.  At that moment I decided to stick to our sort of model aircraft.

 

You have to feel for the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeC said:

 

True: when I was about 11 I did a free-flying balsa-and-tissue rubber band powered aeroplane, and it met a similar fate.  At that moment I decided to stick to our sort of model aircraft.

 

You have to feel for the owner.

 

I have built a couple of balsa and tissue rubber band planes and never built up the nerve to fly them

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...