Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII

NGBZ

Okay, as promised, progress pics.

As well all probably know and agree, Barracuda stuff is awesome and really adds some fantastic detail to the 'office'. I've also added some extra wiring using various gauges to further enhance the look...

kDyEmUq.jpgs2PS05Z.jpg

Jumping forward a bit, I applied bare metal to the fuselage inner face followed by Tamiya XF71. I then started to paint detals and add parts as I went along. Decals are from Barracuda. I added some weathering by first using the good ol' sponge technique for the chipped/worn areas and after a coat of flat clear, added some filters and washes....

Y6unbz7.jpg

The O2 cylinder is dry fitted at this stage and I'll also add the hydraulic lines to the landing gear selector at a later date along with the Barracuda O2 tubing.

D3WKqHJ.jpg

I then made a start on the resin seat. Unfortunately, one of the seat brackets was missing - hadn't broken off as it wasn't in the bag - but an easy fix....

TXuaCT4.jpg

I used a Dremel and cutting disc to remove the pour block and then a sanding stick for final clean up (inc the obligatory face mask to keep the resin dust of of my lungs!). The missing bracket was 'pinched' from the kit seat....

0L7OIJh.jpg

Edited by NGBZ

Guest Vincent

Hi

Some pictures of my conversion. Virtually every part of the cockpit needs some change (even the instrument panel layout is different) :

IMG-4052b.jpg
IMG-4053.jpg
IMG-4054b.jpg
IMG-4061.jpg
IMG-4062.jpg

Edited by Vincent

Guest Vincent

Seat with underneath armor missed out by Tamiya :

QEXO2Z8.jpg

The rear deck behind the pilot is also different on the VIII :

FPtko6i.jpg

Rear pneumatic controls and elevators :

3Sb9DYW.jpg

Fuel tanks selectors :

W7LZQFW.jpg

Edited by Vincent

Hi Vincent

A case of be careful what you wish for I think :wacko: Excellent work indeed :clap2: I think I'll be content with ending up with a Spitfire which looks half as good as that - think I'll not bother too much about accuracy after seeing those pics :shrug: Certainly as I've progressed to far to make those sort of changes....

Did manage to get a fair bit of the cockpit done today, though a few things to finalise prior to any pics. However, I did get the seat done/ Painted with acrylics and enamel washes...

Cq0cx9c.jpgEXzxQ4y.jpgudkMhnI.jpg

Gary

Vincent. I've been taught that imitation is the highest form of flattery. So, with that in mind, I hope you don't mind me copying some of your detailing upgrades. Won't be as accurate as yours, but given that mine isn't very accurate anyway, I can only improve things. Plan on adding more as things progress but mindful that some things can't be changed at this stage...

TWatobW.jpgx6yOwQB.jpgQLlKtOn.jpg1tQyjIy.jpgaWeVcMu.jpggKpxxZm.jpg

Gary

Guest Vincent

Great job, keep going !

The most visible change that you can do is to not install the voltage regulator behind the pilot's head and replace the square bar between the vertical bulkheads by a tubular one :

FPtko6i.jpg

Edited by Vincent