Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII

NGBZ

Greetings one and all. Been a long time guest lurking around and thought I'd finally get my a into gear and sign up and dive straight in with one of Tamiya's finest. After converting from armour a couple of years ago, have been delving into the world of Wingnut Wings but fancied a break from rigging. So, on a recent trip to Melbourne, picked up this kit and brought it back to NZ. A little bit of AM to spice things up (couple of more things yet to arrive) and hope that I can do this justice. Grateful for any input from the community and look forward to learning as I progress....

PWqXOXK.jpg

R0Rfl7r.jpg

Gary

Edited by NGBZ

Back again - and thank you for teh warm reception :D I'll do my best not to disappoint :huh:

With NZ now going into lock down have been flat out at work getting prepared for whatever may be coming. I'd much rather be isolating at home keeping a low profile, but being a frontline healthcare professional doesn't afford me that luxury. But I'll certianly be heading out to the man cave when oportunity allows - if only to destress :ph34r:

Anyway, I have made a start on the cockpit and the beautiful resin goodies from Barracuda. Before I get any WIP pics up, I do have a couple of Qs to put to those whose knowledge of the Spit is far greater than mine.

wSs8JWR.jpg

Image copied and pasted from Baracuda website.

What are the items circled in blue? Neither are included or mentioned in either the Barracuda set or the Tamiya parts. And are they relevant to the Mk.VIII?

I noticed that on the throttle assembly, the centre lever (with the red tipped lever) isn't included so have scratched a new one - assume I am correct to do this?

Finally (for now), I assume I'll be okay to model the MkII gyro gunsight if I'm building a 1945 aircraft based in the PTO?

TIA

Gary

Edited by NGBZ

Vincent started a build thread where he was virtually scratchbuilding the cockpit and making many changes to make an accurate Mk. VIII cockpit.  Unfortunately, it appears the photos are not visible.

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forums!

Try this link. It may be of help to you.

https://www.haraldjoergens.com/panoramas/spitfire-td314/

The thing to keep in mind is that cockpit details could differ from one aircraft to another even within the same Mk. 

Have fun with your build as you have a fantastic kit to start with!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf. Found that one earlier but dismissed it being a IX. Have decided to go with what I've got. Bare metal paint is on and will follow with the green once fully dried so will have pics tomorrow....

Gary

Edited by NGBZ