1/24 Monogram Jag XK120

LSP_Ron

A beautiful model of a superb car , .. excellent work 

Many moons ago I was the secretary of a local Classic Car club , and one sunday I found my self at a meeting at Brodie Castle , just outside Elgin in the North of Scotland, and in the line of of cars was a beautiful British Racing Green XK120  drop head looking just pretty as the model . It turned out the car belonged to the Earl of Moray , and was bouht new from the factory in 1948, and had at that stage a grand total of 27000 miles on it 

I think I spent the rest of the afternoon staring at that car ,, just wishing! it was mine!!!

Thanks for bring those memories back !

Colin R

7 hours ago, Scotsman said:

A beautiful model of a superb car , .. excellent work 

Many moons ago I was the secretary of a local Classic Car club , and one sunday I found my self at a meeting at Brodie Castle , just outside Elgin in the North of Scotland, and in the line of of cars was a beautiful British Racing Green XK120  drop head looking just pretty as the model . It turned out the car belonged to the Earl of Moray , and was bouht new from the factory in 1948, and had at that stage a grand total of 27000 miles on it 

I think I spent the rest of the afternoon staring at that car ,, just wishing! it was mine!!!

Thanks for bring those memories back !

Colin R

Thx all,

One of my very best friends is a Brodie and has family ties directly to that castle.  Small world. 

One of my very best friends is a Brodie and has family ties directly to that castle.  Small world. 

Wow! as you said small world, 

I was driven to and from the event in a beautiful Lotus Elan Sprint .. as I said a really good day 

I just noticed your in Aberdeen,  I've been there more times than I can count. In fact it was my first overseas destination for work back about 30 years ago.

Beers at the old school house and many many nights spent in the Calodnian Thistle hotel across from Union Terrace.

I've hiked up and down Union street hundreds of times just to blow time.