My Groundhog Day build.........WnW Fokker D.VIIF.......Finished

monthebiff

So rather quicker than expected we have found ourselves in self isolation after my step daughter was sent home from school on Tuesday afternoon, annoyingly the girls had been at their Dads since Saturday when the syptoms apparently first started but where ignored and the first we knew of it was from the school, They normaly return back to us on Tuesday after school anyway but.......... Some people are really irresponsible but hey, i'll leave that one there.

So I had no other option than to start a new build and decided on the Wingnut's Fokker D.VII, I missed out on the original D.VIIF boxing so I'm using the Early Fokker boxing, downloaded the D.VIIF insruction book from Wingnut Wings and purchased the extra BMW engine sprue and Fighting Fokkers F decal sheet. I've also got Taurus models engine detail set, HGW belts, Master barrels and Aviattic decals to add to the build.

20200317-153846.jpg

20200317-154230.jpg

20200317-154053.jpg

20200317-154240.jpg

Not to much to show yet but spent yesterday preparing cockpit parts for paint, today I cocentrated on the wing assemblies and have them undercoated, pre shaded and glossed ready for decal application.

20200319-170138.jpg

Enjoying the chance to really get some serios modelling time in, I know its an awful situation we are all in but time to stay indoors and make the most of this fantastic hobby. Stay safe everyone and happy modelling.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Thank you for your comments gentlemen and so far having a blast with this build. 

More done today,  primed and pre shaded the inner cockpit walls and rear cockpit baffle followed by adding the superb Aviattic reversed lozenge decals which as ever worked beautifully..

20200320-144957.jpg

20200320-165030.jpg

20200320-165251.jpg

More weathering needed but coming along nicely, also been working on the  wooden aspects of the cockpit but not quite finished yet. Hoping to get the Aviatic lozenge on the wings tomorrow. 

Off to watch Ground Hog Day now so stay safe all and happy modelling 

Regards. Andy 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, mozart said:

Take care Andy, stay safe!  All the best my friend.

And to you Max, Thinknwe may all have plenty of bench time coming up very soon! Not at all a good situation but really enjoying the escapism that modelling brings, such a fantastic hobby.

Regards. Andy 

So here is today's progress, more work on painting smaller parts for the cockpit as well as laying down almost all of the Aviattic upper wing decals.

20200321-214100.jpg

Lots of bits and pieces needing a little more work before completing and bringing together. Very happy with progress today. 

Regards. Andy