My Groundhog Day build.........WnW Fokker D.VIIF.......Finished

monthebiff

3 minutes ago, Crew Dog said:

Nice work, sir. If they all build as nicely as this one, I may need to move out of my preferred era and put together an old kite

They do!  Well the Albie might be a slight difference with some dihedral issues to sort out on the lower wings, but NBD really. If youve never built a WnW kit................after you get done with your first one, you will be wishing the same as the rest of us..............I wish they would make all eras of models in 1/32nd! 

The kit quality, fit and finish of the WnW kits is really quite remarkable. 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, mozart said:

Beautiful precise work Andy, love the wood effect. :bow::clap2:

Thank you Max, wood grain done with oils over Tamiya acrylics, I also mix in a drop of Uschi van der Rosten Blitz dry to the oil paint as it cuts drying time to just a few hours. 

Regards. Andy 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, Uncarina said:

Excellent progress Andy, and those turnbuckles look great!

Cheers,  Tom

Hi Tom, those Gaspatch turnbuckles are fantastic  but I do prefer the metal version over the resin.

Regards. Andy 

On 3/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, Crew Dog said:

Nice work, sir. If they all build as nicely as this one, I may need to move out of my preferred era and put together an old kite

On 3/27/2020 at 3:06 PM, Out2gtcha said:

They do!  Well the Albie might be a slight difference with some dihedral issues to sort out on the lower wings, but NBD really. If youve never built a WnW kit................after you get done with your first one, you will be wishing the same as the rest of us..............I wish they would make all eras of models in 1/32nd! 

The kit quality, fit and finish of the WnW kits is really quite remarkable. 

As Brian says, you rea need to have a go at a WnW kit or two as they are so damn good, you dont have to dive straight in with a bi-plane, have a good look at their web site and gi fringe there. Junkers D.1 is a great start.

Regards Andy 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, mozart said:

Beautiful precise work Andy, love the wood effect. :bow::clap2:

Thank you Max, wood grain done with oils over Tamiya acrylics, I also mix in a drop of Uschi van der Rosten Blitz dry to the oil paint as it cuts drying time to just a few hours. 

Regards. Andy 

Progress has slowed a bit in the last couple of days, With the four of us on top of each other for the last 10 days a bit cabin fever kicking in. Anyway, the main cockpit is now assembled and that was a super trying assembly sequence, all very tight but with careful patience all is good.

20200327-191610.jpg

And also remembered to add the canvas ammo belt as kindly pointed out  by Wolf. Aviattic French Linen on white decal paper used.

20200327-191533.jpg

Also pre shaded and added the lozenge decals to the back of the rear engine panels followed by a bit of oil spatter on the panels when dry.

20200328-154232.jpg

20200328-165750.jpg

A couple of little bits to add to the cockpit but hoping to get the fuselage closed tomorrow.

Regards Andy 

Cockpit assembly completed today, took my time getting this together over the last three days as its pretty fragile while it's going together and wanted various joints to cure in between but is pretty strong when complete.

20200329-201547.jpg

20200329-201558.jpg

20200329-201547.jpg

Time to close up the fuselage now.

Regards Andy 

You can definitely have to much of a good thing and havnt really done much modelling this week till yesterday. Now have the fuselage closed up and engine installed 

20200403-204825.jpg

20200404-160542.jpg

20200404-160626.jpg

20200404-160823.jpg

Back in to it an enjoying the build and almost ready to paint the fuselage.

Regards. Andy 

Beautifully done Andy.

These WnW's Fokker DVII kits do require a bit more patience but are well worth the extra effort and turn out incredibly well in the end. Be careful with the thin piece representing the stitching that fills the centre of the lower fuselage. It was a very tight fit when test fitting and I broke mine in three pieces trying to remove it before gluing.  When I build my DVII -F I'll glue it in place, sand it smooth, and use Archer Fine Transfer's zig-zag stitching decal to replace the stitching detail.

Just a heads up my friend.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee