My Groundhog Day build.........WnW Fokker D.VIIF.......Finished

monthebiff

Some more work done today after our lockdown Mothers day, enjoyed the girls helping me cook a nice meal meal together for their Mum and just and nice relaxing day. 

Chosen the scheme for this build now and will be Red Z of Jasta 26.

20200322-131133.jpg

Aviattuc decal application completed followed by a glaze with heavily thinned brown  and after drying adding the rest of the decals.

20200323-230316.jpg

20200323-230421.jpg

Apart from final detail painting and weathering that's the wings about done..

Regards. Andy 

22 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Looks great, is this the first one in a series..? :rolleyes:

Haha yes probably Kag, it's one of these I'm thinking.

20200323-233628.jpg

the AEG is calling me to be honest but suggestions are welcome!

Regards.Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Some more progress today getting various cockpit assemblies together, foward bulkhead finished as well as the rear bulkhead with seat and harnesses fitted.

20200324-205544.jpg

20200324-205607.jpg

20200324-205626.jpg

20200324-205816.jpg

So that's a weeks worth of progress, managed to get a lot done and very happy with progress and close to getting the fuselage close up.

Regards  Andy 

Great start Andy!

The WnWs Fokker DVII is a great kit and goes together really well.Just be careful that everything is properly aligned. Especially the engine carrier frames.

One thing you may want to do is replicate the fabric ammo belt. I painted a narrow strip of decal material with a thin coat of khaki brown and then applied the decal strip to the ammunition within the chute. It works great and it's a simple, easy, enhancement.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

5 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Great start Andy!

The WnWs Fokker DVII is a great kit and goes together really well.Just be careful that everything is properly aligned. Especially the engine carrier frames.

One thing you may want to do is replicate the fabric ammo belt. I painted a narrow strip of decal material with a thin coat of khaki brown and then applied the decal strip to the ammunition within the chute. It works great and it's a simple, easy, enhancement.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks for looking in Wolf, I've heard there a a couple of things that can catch you out so I'm a bit wary of getting the next few steps right.

I have been thinking about the fabric ammo belts and was going to try and use Aviattic french linen on white decal paper for the job, hopefully that should do the job hopefully.

Regards. Andy 

10 hours ago, Crew Dog said:

Excellent work, sir. I agree, the big AEG should be your next go, unless you happen to come across an Albatros D.III. Any plans to make a diorama out of it?

No diorama planned just build, paint, decal and enjoy! 

Regards. Andy 

Decided to make a start on the BMW engine and added the very fiddly Taurus update set as well as a set if their spark plugs.

20200326-110443.jpg

Also managed to finish a few sub assemblies and first up is the cockpit side frames withbriggibg added with the help of Gaspatch turn buckles and Bob's Buckles micro tubing.

20200326-200001.jpg

Instrument board completed.

20200326-200038.jpg

Finally, managed to complete the cockpit floor with all parts assembled as well as pre rigging ready for final installation 

20200326-195840.jpg

Ready to get the cockpit assembled now and so far very happy with progress.

Regards Andy