Trumpeter MiG-29A.

ade rowlands

Consider this post my placeholder for now. I was going to join in with a Tamiya F-15C but changed my mind. I’ll now be joining with this. 

MiG-29A

To go along with it I have the full Zactomodels upgrade set, ColdWar Studios MiG-29 Cockpit set, Begemot Decals and full stencil set(I’ll be doing the Aggressor with Wasp/Hornet on the tail) Master Pitot, a Quickboost ejection Seat (the Cold War Studios one doesn’t have belts but the Quickboost one does) and in case the intakes probe to be a pain I have the Quickboost inlet and exhaust covers. Won’t be doing any work on it until next week. Then the Glacial progress will commence. 

No progress as yet. But I’ve taken a couple of hours this morning to go through the kit. I’m no MiG expert in any shape or form. But I could say that yes, that’s a MiG-29 when it’s completed which is enough for me. So I’ve gone over the kit, looked over the instructions for the Coldwar Studios cockpit service and it will have you back and shave at the kit which at this point I’m not interested in doing. Plus I’m a canopy closed and inspection door closed modeller. So comparing what the kit gives you with the Coldwar set I’m going with the kit stuff and I’m going to concentrate on external details. The stuff you will see. I will use the Quickboost seat I’ve got. The kit cockpit is actually quite nice. Even the fuse box behind the seat is useable. So if anyone wants the cockpit set drop me a message and we can work out the details. I won’t be using the kit armaments though, the Zacto missiles and pylons are far far superior and well worth the cost. So today is about snipping things from the sprue and washing the resin I will be using. Still not decided on what I’m doing with the intakes and exhausts, using the intake and exhaust covers I have or attempting to make the intakes seamless. I believe on the ground and powered down the vents on the fuselage top should be closed and the internal FOD guards down. I need to read up a bit on this beast. 

MiG stuff

MiG stuff

32 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The normal intake position with the engine not running is to have the internal FOD guards up.  They drop down after engine startup.  With the FOD doors up, the upper fuselage intakes are also closed.

Thanking You Sir. I did order the Yefim Gordon book this morning and that should be here Wednesday. Thought it was worth the cost (did buy a used version) as I’m quite impressed with this kit and can see myself getting the UB or SMT versions.