Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

26 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

You might find this helpful.

very helpful, thanks. Looks like it wont take much to convert. Can't wait to get my hands on the kit - convert the prop to 3 blades - need to look at the dive breaks and windows in the back to see how they compare - not worried about UK verses US machine guns and radios. Hand paint the unit insignia, the rest of the markings are easy to find.  And we have a FAA machine.  Looking on wings palette there are some nice looking schemes in the other nations operating the plane (French, Italian, Greek and Thai) lots of options for building something different.

Just added mine to my backorder list at Hannants, and have contacted my source for custom masks/decals to render a Naval Reserve SB2C-5. Not much needed for the conversion, just need to delete the spinner (or replace the prop with a resin P-47 prop), sand the frames off the pilot's sliding section, and delete the Yagi radar. I'm sure there are other little intricacies, but I'm not going to get too in the sticks with it beyond that. I'll add it to my pending lineup of Naval Reserve aircraft in 1/32, which currently sits at a Fisher/Trumpeter AD-6, KittyHawk AT-6, Trumpeter F6F-5, F8F-1, and TBM-3E, Tamiya F4U-1D, and Special Hobby TV-1 (F-80). What a time to be alive in 1/32!

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Anyone had any luck purchasing direct from the Infinity Website? I have tried but it errors out trying to use PayPal.....

I pre-ordered from Art Scale in the Czech Republic, smooth transition, and the kit is on its way. 

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

My pre-order is on the way from ArtScale.  The invoice breakdown was 77.87€ for the kit, 2.72€ for PayPal, and 12.87€ for shipping.

Very reasonable cost, especially shipping.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:43 AM, npb748r said:

Brilliant news it's nearly here. I've got mine on order from Hannants and have just started looking in more detail at the plane, it's operators and colour schemes.  I didn't realise the Fleet Air Arm took some Canadian built ones in 1943 for evaluation which were not used in action (due to being unsatisfactory with appalling handling apparently ?).  Currently thinking I will build mine as one of those aircraft from 1820 squadron. 

When the WWII RN is rejecting a carrier plane, you know it's got some serious issues...  

B)