Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

Just curious how you’re going to remove all that excess resin around those thin wing fold bulkheads without damaging them.

Also, so if all of this is extra, what are you getting with the base kit?  Just a basic SB2C shape with no weapons, closed bomb bay, and fixed wings?  I think the places selling the kit need to be clear about what you get and, more importantly, what you don’t get when you click on a buy link for a kit.

11 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Just curious how you’re going to remove all that excess resin around those thin wing fold bulkheads without damaging them.

Also, so if all of this is extra, what are you getting with the base kit?  Just a basic SB2C shape with no weapons, closed bomb bay, and fixed wings?  I think the places selling the kit need to be clear about what you get and, more importantly, what you don’t get when you click on a buy link for a kit.

My guess is that we’re looking at printed masters for resin moulds.

Yes, some more clarity about versions would be good.

Adam

I am strangely unenthused by the prospect of this kit, even though WWII is my favourite period. I don't know why, maybe it just has a touch of the HpH's about it. Looks great in the box, costs a small fortune and goes together like a 2 million piece jigsaw that's been mixed with another 2 million piece jigsaw and then dipped in bleach for 24 hours to remove all trace of any graphics. The multiple additional sets for additional money suggest the base level of detail will be somewhat limited, otherwise why bother? Will this end up as a classic HpH type kit, bought in smallish number, built in very small numbers? I'll let others buy it first and build it, whilst I wait in the wings with all my natural cowardice to the fore.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please share a website wheee this kit can be ordered?  Hph site is down, the Infinity Models site appears to be both down and only in CZ language. 

I have searched but can only find links to the older resin kit. 

Thanks 

Paul C 

1 hour ago, Paul2660 said:

Can someone please share a website wheee this kit can be ordered?  Hph site is down, the Infinity Models site appears to be both down and only in CZ language. 

I have searched but can only find links to the older resin kit. 

Thanks 

Paul C 

Can preorder at Artscale.

https://www.artscale.eu/en/1-32-sb2c-4-helldiver-1.html

22 hours ago, Mirek O said:

Our web is still in progress, will also be in English and will have e-shop. Please be patient. 

Patience? What's that? :o

Impatience tends to happen when people get excited about something!  Look's like you have a winner here Mirek! :thumbsup: B)