Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

Kitlinx had the kit and accessories listed a week or so ago when I was browsing. 

Thanks.  Yep, the kit is there as a "Pre-Order Item."  Man, what a steep price.  $146 for the kit plus another $80 for the detail sets that are in-stock (bomb bay, weapons, control surface, surface detail).  All told, after $20 in shipping, it's nearly $250.  :(  

Edited by ChuckD

58 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Thanks.  Yep, the kit is there as a "Pre-Order Item."  Man, what a steep price.  $146 for the kit plus another $80 for the detail sets that are in-stock (bomb bay, weapons, control surface, surface detail).  All told, after $20 in shipping, it's nearly $250.  :(  

This is why I am keeping the resin version...

Yeah I get it.  The resin version is likely cheaper and would come with all the detail right out of the gate.  I really would love to do a Helldiver, but unless the price comes down, I'm going to have to bow out of this one.  I'd pay $150 for the kit + all the detail sets, but not for the raw plastic alone.

I think the resin kit was more than that but I think I would take a pretty good loss if I sold it now that the plastic kit is here, then have to pay another $250 it would be more than the resin kit initial cost. So if you don't have the resin kit already, it is probably cheaper to go the plastic route, especially if you don't want some of the extras. But if you already have the resin kit it seems best to just keep it. That is why I am keeping it.   

2 hours ago, ChuckD said:

Yeah I get it.  The resin version is likely cheaper and would come with all the detail right out of the gate.  I really would love to do a Helldiver, but unless the price comes down, I'm going to have to bow out of this one.  I'd pay $150 for the kit + all the detail sets, but not for the raw plastic alone.

I received the kit last week, and straight out of the box it will make a fantastic model, superb surface detail, clear parts like crystal, photo etch parts, fabric seat belts, and a great subject.

parcel turned up just now from Hannants. My impression from a quick look over (note I'm not fussed about accuracy and have no idea about the real plane so that side of modelling doesn't get a mention here)...

Firstly this looks great value for money.

It's a smallish box - I wish all manufacturers did this - it's a large kit with a decent parts count and yet they packaged it well. 

Plastic looks good with nice detail and as someone said above, it will build into a great kit out of the box.

Seat belts and some PE included in the basic kit.

Looking at the dive brakes the plastic is ok but the solid holes stand out. The extra PE dive brakes look great but there are a lot of parts and it looks like it will challenge me personally - sausage fingers and old eyes !  Not yet sure which option I will take.

Decals look good but I'm not a fan of US schemes so will build as a FAA machine.

Overall I'm excited to get started. This looks like a great effort from Infinity and makes you wonder why other larger manufacturers can't produce kits at this price point in this quality of an aircraft not previously released in this scale. I look forward to buying more 1/32 kits from Infinity Models - we are now so spoilt for choice with the efforts of the likes of ICM, special hobby and now Infinity, my money goes to them almost every time I buy now. 

Have bought and paid for mine from Hannants. I expect it to ship soon. 
I was worried about the cost of shipping the kit and all the detail parts from the UK to the USA. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be— about $50. Really looking forward to this one! 
Now bring on that Val!

Bill M.

Is there any reason the HGW masks would not fit the older resin kit. The canopy is clear resin but I am assuming the spacing of the resin vs the plastic canopy souls be the same?  

Paul