Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

Are there still trade issues between the UK and EU, or is that pretty much resolved now?  I’ve had the kit that I ordered from Artscale for a couple of weeks now, but backordered some of the detail sets from Hannants, and thought they would have gotten the stuff by now.

13 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Are there still trade issues between the UK and EU, or is that pretty much resolved now?  I’ve had the kit that I ordered from Artscale for a couple of weeks now, but backordered some of the detail sets from Hannants, and thought they would have gotten the stuff by now.

Am in the same position as you not sure the detail sets are out yet?

On 5/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Dave Williams said:

Lots of trade issues still I am afraid - but even when they are settled we (on the continent ;)) are left with quite high import handling fees. Prices, Import Taxes and VAT might even themselves out, but if we have to pay a handling fee of $30 on each package (that is the fee in Denmark) I am afraid business will flow elsewhere. I used to order soo much from Hannants but well..hmm.. 

By the way, the AviationMegaStore in NL have the Helldiver kit in stock

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like Hannants got the detail sets in stock, but some are already sold out.  I moved the four sets I had backordered to a shopping cart, but the flap set was already sold out, so I guess that’s on backorder again.

If you backordered the flap set and it sold out, it doesn't mean your item is, it should be reserved for you and available to move to your shopping cart.

Yes, I received the same notice from Hannants. A couple of the detail sets show only one in stock which is going into my order. I would think if you had it on backorder, you will be getting it. But if you try to buy it now, you won’t get it. 
I am waiting to see what shipping to the US will be! I’m sure it won’t be good!

Bill M.

44 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

If you backordered the flap set and it sold out, it doesn't mean your item is, it should be reserved for you and available to move to your shopping cart.

Unfortunately, that’s not how it worked.  I did have all four of them in my backorder list, moved all four to my cart from the backorder list, and when I hit checkout, it came back with the flap set being out of stock, and I had to remove it from the cart to complete the checkout.

6 minutes ago, npb748r said:

just paid and order confirmed for me - aircraft, flaps and tail gunner set. Can't wait to build this, it will be on my bench as soon as it arrives and will be done in FAA markings. 

Now that should be very interesting.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Unfortunately, that’s not how it worked.  I did have all four of them in my backorder list, moved all four to my cart from the backorder list, and when I hit checkout, it came back with the flap set being out of stock, and I had to remove it from the cart to complete the checkout.

I put all the backorder Helldiver sets into my cart, with a few other items to get free postage, processed without a problem just now, including the flap set, I'd send Hannants an email.