Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

Mine's through Hannant's as well.  I'm in a bad position though.  I'm moving on the 30th of this month.  Since the new place is not ours yet, I don't want to do a change of address with Hannant's or PayPal until it is legally ours on paper.  I hope the USPS Forwarding service works good!  If it ships FedEx, that would be great since I can do a re-direct to the FedEx next to work and pick it up there. 

Oh well, I'll probably be swinging by the "old place" for a while until it is sold and closed just to work on the place and spend a few nights there for insurance purposes. 

Edited by ScottsGT

Mine arrived today. Lots of parts, especially for the cockpit.  Fine surface detail, but limited run assembly with just small nubs to attach the tail planes instead of the conventional tab, no locator pins, and the wings butt up against the fuselage with just a spar for alignment.  Just a heads up, if you’re used to Tamiya kits, this one will take some work to get together as it’s kind of old school short run.

Now just need to wait for the detail sets to come in.

Edited by Dave Williams

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Just a thought to U.K. modellers, I did some research and found that goods with a value of less than £136 should not get routinely stopped if coming from the EU. For VAT and handling fees! 
john

On 4/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, Dave Williams said:

Mine arrived today. Lots of parts, especially for the cockpit.  Fine surface detail, but limited run assembly with just small nubs to attach the tail planes instead of the conventional tab, no locator pins, and the wings butt up against the fuselage with just a spar for alignment.  Just a heads up, if you’re used to Tamiya kits, this one will take some work to get together as it’s kind of old school short run.

Now just need to wait for the detail sets to come in.

Real modellers won't have a problem with the 'short run' type of assembly.

I've just 'beastied' two limited run kits to get them to look something so this one will be a piece of cake in comparison!  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, tigger said:

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Just a thought to U.K. modellers, I did some research and found that goods with a value of less than £136 should not get routinely stopped if coming from the EU. For VAT and handling fees! 
john

I received mine yesterday from Art Scale in the Czech Republic, and it too sailed through customs, though there's no mention of the value on the box... 

i am slightly disappointed by the absence of locator pins - all that beautiful surface detail and that can't tool some holes and pins that match up?

maybe that relegates me to the status of 'not a real modeller', who knows? :lol:

it probably wouldn't stop me getting a kit of what i consider a must have, but if i was on the fence then for me it would be a pass

life is just too short and i find myself enjoying painting more and more, and construction, sanding filling, filling sanding less and less

Nick

Finally had time to open the box a little while ago, I'm extremely happy, superfine surface detail, crystal clear parts, there's a bit of flash, no locator pins, but I don't think it requires a degree in engineering to line up the parts, and it's a fine canvas as you can see from these two examples;

Ed Kinney's Helldiver

Arkady72's Helldiver

On 4/16/2021 at 6:08 PM, nmayhew said:

i am slightly disappointed by the absence of locator pins - all that beautiful surface detail and that can't tool some holes and pins that match up?

maybe that relegates me to the status of 'not a real modeller', who knows? :lol:

it probably wouldn't stop me getting a kit of what i consider a must have, but if i was on the fence then for me it would be a pass

life is just too short and i find myself enjoying painting more and more, and construction, sanding filling, filling sanding less and less

Nick

Nick, if you possess some kabuki tape why do you need location pins?

I always use tape to hold parts together even with the pins provided!

Piece of cake, really!

Perhaps being of a certain age when all this good stuff wasn't around (we are rather spoilt now) we got used to cut and shut and filing and grinding.

It truly amazes me when some hobbyists seem not to be able to do the simplest of things sometimes?

Then again when your spoilt over the years with all this fantastic stuff you do get accustomed to it I suppose.

Happy days.

I've been following one of the resin Helldiver kits on Ebay the last few weeks just to see how or if they will move with the injection molded kit starting to come out - it started with an opening bid of $295 and as time ran out no one bid on it - so it got relisted with an opening bid of $245 and as time ran out last night people started bidding and it ended up selling for a little over $350... I'm just going to wait until Hannett's gets them in stock and fills my back order...

Mike