Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver update

Jan_G

Anyone got a release date on this yet?  Looks like I’m moving at the end of April after 25 years in the same home. Not sure if I should cancel my preorder at Hannant’s due to timing of overseas shipments and moving schedule.   If it’s this summer, I can simply change my shipping info in my PP account. 

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Anyone got a release date on this yet?  Looks like I’m moving at the end of April after 25 years in the same home. Not sure if I should cancel my preorder at Hannant’s due to timing of overseas shipments and moving schedule.   If it’s this summer, I can simply change my shipping info in my PP account. 

You can change your shipping address at Hannants, just go into My Account. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! I'm mostly a jet modeler but I want this one, Helldiver is my favorite of all WW2 planes of that size and type !!

4 minutes ago, Bill M. said:

I’m still wondering where those of us in the US can buy one of these? If it means we have to buy overseas— where? 
Thanks!

Bill M.

You can buy direct, I pre-ordered mine from Art Scale, Hannants will have it in stock soon...

Got an email today of a pre-shipping notice of the one I had ordered from ArtScale.  Just ordered the kit, as at the time it wasn’t clear that there were going to be extra detail sets that were available separately.  Anyone know who in the US will carry the kit and detail sets?

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Got an email today of a pre-shipping notice of the one I had ordered from ArtScale.  Just ordered the kit, as at the time it wasn’t clear that there were going to be extra detail sets that were available separately.  Anyone know who in the US will carry the kit and detail sets?

Yes, I would prefer to buy it from a US dealer, as shipping from overseas is often quite expensive. But if I have to, I’ll order it from Artscale or Hannant’s.

Bill M.

I went and placed the Infinity SB2C-4 and the various add-ons on backorder at Hannant’s. They offered a 10% discount if you preordered it. I’m worried about the shipping cost to the US— I have emailed them for an estimate as I’m concerned it could be considersble. 
Bill M.

Brilliant news it's nearly here. I've got mine on order from Hannants and have just started looking in more detail at the plane, it's operators and colour schemes.  I didn't realise the Fleet Air Arm took some Canadian built ones in 1943 for evaluation which were not used in action (due to being unsatisfactory with appalling handling apparently ?).  Currently thinking I will build mine as one of those aircraft from 1820 squadron. 

22 hours ago, Bill M. said:

I went and placed the Infinity SB2C-4 and the various add-ons on backorder at Hannant’s. They offered a 10% discount if you preordered it. I’m worried about the shipping cost to the US— I have emailed them for an estimate as I’m concerned it could be considersble. 
Bill M.

How were you able to add the add-ons? I was only able to add the kit itself to my backorder list. 

On 4/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, npb748r said:

Brilliant news it's nearly here. I've got mine on order from Hannants and have just started looking in more detail at the plane, it's operators and colour schemes.  I didn't realise the Fleet Air Arm took some Canadian built ones in 1943 for evaluation which were not used in action (due to being unsatisfactory with appalling handling apparently ?).  Currently thinking I will build mine as one of those aircraft from 1820 squadron. 

Tonyot built one on Britmodeller, sadly there's only one surviving photo.

32.jpg