IBG PZL P11c

DrDave

Beautiful build of a lovely and important aircraft! Thanks for sharing your build with us. It looks like the kit is a real pleasure to build and you've done a splendid and quick job of it.

Can't wait to see mine show up...stuck in Canada Customs limbo.

Richard

Very life-like photos of a fine build, Dave!

I guess your model doesn't carry a radio because it doesn't have antennas. As such it shouldn't have the fairing on the starboard fuselage either. The fairing houses the radio set generator flexible connector.

aaa.jpg

With fairing removed

bbb.jpg

Easy to correct though. Either remove the fairing, or add antennas. ;)

Cheers,

Quang

Hi Dave, I didn’t mean to criticize your build.
I’m discovering this new kit myself and learning about the real plane on the way. I just thought my input would be helpful.

I’m sorry if you may find it annoying.

Quang

3 hours ago, quang said:

Hi Dave, I didn’t mean to criticize your build.
I’m discovering this new kit myself and learning about the real plane on the way. I just thought my input would be helpful.

I’m sorry if you may find it annoying.

Quang

Don't worry Im not annoyed! It was quite refreshing not to bother with refs and just get on with it. The khaki is wrong too... should be browner. Hataka do a laquer for Polish aircraft but I used MRP light Khaki from the Czech range but its too green.

Doesn't take away at all from your superb build, but if you're interested...

It is a little green, but there has been a lot of discussion about the Polish khaki used in the late 1930s. The restored P.11c in Krakow was meticulously restored. The colour was matched to factory original patches of overspray in overlapped joints and hidden panels. It turned out to be closer to RAF Dark Earth. 

Edited by R Palimaka

On 3/19/2020 at 6:26 AM, DrDave said:

I've bought another one as it was so enjoyable and got the Hataka Polish laquer set for that one.

Has anyone heard of any AM deckles coming out yet?

Nothing announced yet, but I suspect Techmod or ModelMaker will be out with something soon. 

That's encouraging that you bought another, looks like it was a fun build.

In the meantime, here are a few photos I took in 2018 of the restoration in Krakow. It was such a thrill to finally see her.

Richard

hTpKcJ1h.jpg

m33JVhEh.jpg

4rfrz2gh.jpg