Chechnya BMP-1P

John1

Dragon's 32nd BMP with a lot of upgrades.   I added the SP Designs corrected turret set (BTW, these guys have fantastic quality / service from the Ukraine, at amazingly cheap prices), a lot a scratchbuilt details such has wiring for the lights, exhaust shields, troop hatch hinges, etc.  Topped it off with aftermarket decals.   All in all, a very enjoyable build.   

Kinda funny to see how small the BMP is.  You don't notice it in pictures but against one of my M1 models, it's very apparent.  The BMP is one of my favorite armored vehicles.  Truly revolutionary. When it was introduced, it provided it's troops with full NBC protection, the ability to fight buttoned up,  it had night vision capability, it' had an onboard heavy cannon and it's own ATGM missile, which could be fired from under armor.  Compare that to the POS M113's that US troops were riding around in!

IMG_0831

IMG_0830

IMG_0829

IMG_0832

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Very nice!  Ahh, the good old days when we were worried about the BMP.

Yes sir.  I was a grunt at the end of the Cold War.    Had nightmares of sitting in a foxhole in W Germany watching hordes of BMP’s and T-72’s rolling towards me.   

Now I have nightmares of sitting on my couch waiting for hordes of invisible death bugs to crawl up my nose.  

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

This is actually very good representation of BMP, brought back lots of memories.

Thanks very much!  Did you serve on these?  If so, when/where?