Building during COVID-19 Virus

17 minutes ago, Subodai said:

You only live once chief, if ya not happy... there's only you can make the change.
I was very unhappy in my previous job, was making me ill. Made the jump on a whim and it was life changing.

It's not worth being miserable, trust me!

I'm planning to make a change sometime soon, but I can't do it on a whim and still take care of my family. But we'll be empty nesters in a few years, and that will open up a lot of options. Fortunately, the company I work for now is a great place to work, despite my lack of interest in the job, so it's tolerable until another option comes along.

47 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I'm planning to make a change sometime soon, but I can't do it on a whim and still take care of my family. But we'll be empty nesters in a few years, and that will open up a lot of options. Fortunately, the company I work for now is a great place to work, despite my lack of interest in the job, so it's tolerable until another option comes along.

That's fair, I'll cross my fingers for you. We were lucky in having the opportunity, I know this. We've worked hard over the last 5 years but it's starting to pay off now, (well it was before the shares all bloody crashed) The next year or so for us will be the real turning point I think :) Anyway, good luck!!

6 hours ago, BiggTim said:

I am actually slightly jealous of those who get to stay home and build.

Same here.  Especially when guidance from four different professional organizations related to anesthesia practice say that all patients coming to the OR should be considered positive unless proven otherwise (using tests that we don't have), and one of the main hospitals where I practice told me today that priority for N95 fit testing was being given to their ER and ICU personnel. To which my response was, why haven't all of those people been fit tested as part of their new hire process long ago, like I was for every other job I've ever had in healthcare?  And what happens when an ER doc (wearing their N95) determines that a patient needs emergency surgery, and I have to be down in their face intubating them and ventilating them without an N95?  Once your anesthesia providers are gone, your OR stops working.  And they're talking about using us to supplement ICU nursing staff if the number of ventilator patients exceeds their present capacity.  Won't happen if I'm one of those patients.  SMH.

I have an appointment at WCH in Toronto for a routine stress/echo test which I have had before. I'm a little on edge this time.. Mind you, Women's College Hospital does not take emergency patients. But still. An extra beer before bed for me.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, AlanG said:

I'm working as normal. Joys of being a farmer. The animals still need to be fed, watered and bedded whatever the circumstances. Also the nation still needs food. So getting extra time at the model desk isn't going  to happen.

Plus being on sick pay for £94 a week just isn't going to pay the bills. So cold or no cold. I'm working

As a child of parents who grew up on farms in Ontario and B.C. I salute you. You are have a thankless, tough job keeping us city folk fed. I never have worked on a farm(in a serious manner), but have heard enough about the difficulties. Carry on! :beer:

I've just received an email from the US of a person who had not understood that my business in Italy (but it is the same throughout Europe) was suspended due to the emergency, it seems clear to me that there is still no perception of the global problem in the US.

15 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I think it might be even TOUGHER to build without a right eyeball! :lol: 

DQ6oZpJ.png

25 minutes ago, onosendai said:

I've just received an email from the US of a person who had not understood that my business in Italy (but it is the same throughout Europe) was suspended due to the emergency, it seems clear to me that there is still no perception of the global problem in the US.

Don't judge the U.S. by an email. We hear about Italy several times everyday.

No offense (seriously) but Italy's situation is used as an example of the way

the virus shouldn't have been dealt with. We get global updates every day too.

We hope you get your situation under control very soon.

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

We hope you get your situation under control very soon.

I hope so too but I fear that the time will be long before returning to something that seems normal, the only thing I have left is to prepare new products and then hope to sell them later in time.