Dainis

Building during COVID-19 Virus

My wife and I are both working from home as of Monday. Please everyone take proper precautions as per medical advice. With some serious spare time and a lot of stay in (except for walking the dog and necessary errands) I'm going to take my mind off the s***t going down by doing things I really want to do: Spend more time with my wife, especially cooking her more great dinners and shared activities; hoping my daughter does well with her med school interview(via video given the current circumstances) and getting some seriously guilt free kit building time! Tamiya's Birdcage is soon to be done! For fun, what should I build from my stash next? 1) Special Hobby Tempest Mk II RPAF. 2) WNW USAS Sopwith Camel. 3) WNW Hansa Brandenburg w12 early. Winning votes will get trophy like! Just for some levity in weird times.:beer4:

PS. Which USAS Camel? I'm leaning towards the white bat version. Convince me otherwise......and another trophy!!!

Definitely you should do the Sopwith Camel. And, would love to see an online build of this beauty! 

My vote is for the Tempest. It's just a beautiful plane. Beside I have the kit and would love to see another build before I tackle mine. I have the High Tech one and it sure looks like a project.

9 minutes ago, J.C. said:

Definitely you should do the Sopwith Camel. And, would love to see an online build of this beauty! 

Which Camel? Enquiring minds need to know!

3 minutes ago, AlbertD said:

My vote is for the Tempest. It's just a beautiful plane. Beside I have the kit and would love to see another build before I tackle mine. I have the High Tech one and it sure looks like a project.

Interesting call. I removed the the fuselage halves and wings from the sprues. The fit is not bad...not perfect. But I really like the Dark Earth/Middlestone cammo. With the weathering. No real engine detail, closed canopy.. could be a relatively quick build, with some of the usual repairs. Not going to lose my mind with heavy detail work in cockpit or wheel wells. So you get a provisional star in keeping with the new levity.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Dainis said:

Interesting call. I removed the the fuselage halves and wings from the sprues. The fit is not bad...not perfect. But I really like the Dark Earth/Middlestone cammo. With the weathering. No real engine detail, closed canopy.. could be a relatively quick build, with some of the usual repairs. Not going to lose my mind with heavy detail work in cockpit or wheel wells. So you get a provisional star in keeping with the new levity.

Whatever kit you decide to go with I agree with your sentiment. A distraction is a good thing these days. I know people that have no hobbies and they spend more time being unhappy then they should. When I'm at my modeling desk nothing else matters. It's a time to just put everything else aside for a few hours. Especially now that there is no hockey.

Edited by AlbertD

W12 for me - mine has been calling over the last few weeks but the Roland Cll won out instead. Love the lozenge colours and I think it is a nice straightforward build (as is the Walfish). Whatever you build hope you enjoy and good luck. I would cook my wife nice meals but (a) the words cooking and nice don't belong together in my case and (b) someone stole all the food off the shelves so its cans of soup for us.

10 minutes ago, BradG said:

I reckon there might be a baby boom in about 9 months time with everyone staying home.

I guess you won't be affected. Didn't you stock up on condoms when you were down 

to the last 3000 :coolio: ?

Lothar

As a dedicated pre-1918 modeller, I'd suggest you build - the Tempest.

Only you seem to have accidentally bought the Tempest with the wrong engine, so build the Camel

But that's got the wrong decals so it's got to be the Hansa Brandenburg W12

Oh - is that the seaplane with the upside down rudder???

Erm, what else is in your stash?

Richard