PZL P.6 1931 from scratch scale 1/32

Marcin_Matejko

Marcin - if this was half scale I would be saying you have done an amazing job - the fact this is 1/32 just leaves me speechless

every little detail is perfect - you are a highly disciplined perfectionist and it shows

..just looking at the prop & spinner as I have that challenge coming up at some point - how did you get such a flawless finish on both? I assume the spinner is wrapped & there is an invisible join somewhere?

can't tell you how inspiring it is to see such talents on show :)

Peter

Thank you :)

Peter, your models are perfect, I am happy to watch your every workshop. There is a lot to learn from you, thank you. I am glad that we were able to meet at SMW. Your Spitfire model was the best of the best.:bow:

.just looking at the prop & spinner as I have that challenge coming up at some point - how did you get such a flawless finish on both? I assume the spinner is wrapped & there is an invisible join somewhere?

The propeller cap is made of metal and the connection is not visible. Such elements were once made of a single piece of metal by pressing on dies or spinning on spinning machines. Therefore, sticking with a flat element did not make sense. The propeller is also made of metal and polished.

Now he is working on covering the wings and tail with miniature corrugated panels using the "Wibault" method. At the same time it looks like this:

1590f40a24c48d1c.jpg

I make individual panels on a special form and stick to the appropriate place on the leaf.

582b630b4e2f2235.jpg

There is quite a lot of work, because I have to do such activities with each panel: I trace the dividing lines on these panels, make rivets, polish individual segments in different directions, cut the edges of the combs, matting from the bottom and form a curvature that matches the shape of the wing in a given place.

What you can see in the first photo took me many hours of work. And this is just the beginning, however, the effect is satisfactory and it motivates us to act ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well done! I'm sure it's going to be another masterpiece in your collection :) I can't wait to see the final result. I just hope you would skip that shading on the leading edge of the main wing that you did on last racer.

I'll tell you the secret. The wing is in the size of actual plane, but the drawing is extremely big.

Marcin, I saw your Firecracker at ModelBrno. It was extremely detailed and I was simply speechless. I am searching my jaw on the floor.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, airscale said:

Marcin - if this was half scale I would be saying you have done an amazing job - the fact this is 1/32 just leaves me speechless

every little detail is perfect - you are a highly disciplined perfectionist and it shows

..just looking at the prop & spinner as I have that challenge coming up at some point - how did you get such a flawless finish on both? I assume the spinner is wrapped & there is an invisible join somewhere?

can't tell you how inspiring it is to see such talents on show :)

Peter

Marcin, there is nothing that I can add to this...:bow:

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words:D

I will try to ensure that the model does not disappoint you. Although, unfortunately, it is not a happy construction, because it has been going on for many years, I hope that this time I will finish it and I will be able to sleep soundly. For now, I am still working :)

I managed to cover the tail with a corrugated sheet. Thus, I consider the execution of the corrugated sheet cover to be completed.

95d7aa67c400936a.jpg

Now there are details, corrections, painting of markings, complete assembly and traces of use. After the initial assembly without glue, the model looks like this:

f947e46c052f5c75.jpg

80189977a062413d.jpg

:thumbsup:

it is simply not possible to say anything here that conveys how impressive this is... :huh:

..i know how hard it is to work with metal, and this would be like us both setting out to make a watch, with me coming up with a sundial and you a Rolex..

..I need to go now as i need to wipe all the drool off my laptop....

Peter