Aires 1/32 F-15C cockpit (Tamiya).

ade rowlands

Looking at maybe getting this cockpit for my Group Build entry F-15C. Is this one of Aires better efforts in that there’s minimal sanding and fettling needed to get it to fit or is it one of the ones that requires endless sanding to even get close to fitting? Thanks. 

Haven’t heard too much about fit problems, but it’s slightly too short in the Bay 5 area (behind the seat).  In other words, when the front of the cockpit is properly positioned in the fuselage, the rear doesn’t reach the rear of the opening in the kit nose halves.

Edited by Dave Williams

Thanks for the info. I’ll bear it mind. I mainly do canopy closed so that issue wouldn’t be a problem. I’m just wondering if enough of the front cockpit will be visible when the canopy is down to make using resin worth it. 

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well the two areas where the resin set really give added value are the bay and the seat. So, if you close the canopy a resin seat is very probably sufficient. 

I agree with Thierry, but is is your model and cash sir. :)

I’ve decided to use kit parts and see what I can do with the kit instrument panel. I’ll use the Legend seat. Should that seat sit on the raised part for the screw or should I drill out a similar sized hole in the seat bottom and sit it on the fuselage floor? I’m thinking the latter. Sitting on that screw peg would look decidedly office swivel chair like.