Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000D/N out now

Lothar

Similar issues here. The other day the doorbell rang, I dashed upstairs and when I opened the door, he was in the process of writing a note for the door. He says UPS recommends no more than 10 seconds waiting on the porch for the drivers, and I believe that. I've also had packages reported as delivered, that actually show up one or two days later.

Same here....................albeit its been Amazon for me lately, and their drivers do NOT wait 10 seconds.  They take a flash picture of the package delivered on your porch, or wherever they drop it, and they are OUT.............and I mean in a flash.

We had some LP hoses and a new large tank adapter delivered yesterday, and I was about 15 feet from the door and saw him drop the package off on the front porch. I immediately went to the door and he had already taken the picture and was about 10 steps from getting back in his truck.

I miss the French nuclear missile for the N version. That is very unfortunate. What is also not in the box are the pilot figures. In recent months you have seen photos on various forums with a pilot figure. So it is not in the box. I personally think this is a miss. Oh well, you must have something to wish for right?

41 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Same here....................albeit its been Amazon for me lately, and their drivers do NOT wait 10 seconds.  They take a flash picture of the package delivered on your porch, or wherever they drop it, and they are OUT.............and I mean in a flash.

We had some LP hoses and a new large tank adapter delivered yesterday, and I was about 15 feet from the door and saw him drop the package off on the front porch. I immediately went to the door and he had already taken the picture and was about 10 steps from getting back in his truck.

Its my understanding from talking to our local FedEx driver, that they and UPS only ring the door bell or interact with the recipient if a signature is required. Otherwise they simply drop it and go, it saves them time and time is money to them. In my case, that has sometime meant at my front door, at the end of the sidewalk near my garage, or in one extreme and snowy case, in a bag hanging on a fence post near the road. Also, our guys have a bad habit of leaving boxes on top of the communal row of mailboxes where everyone actually gets their letter mail. This isn't in town or in a secured location or anything, but a row of about 20 mailboxes along a side country road that anyone in the area, or just driving by, has access to. The joys of living in the country...

Edited by eoyguy

Seems the issues with delivery guys are the same all around the globe.

I try as much as I can to have the package delivered into a pickup location (local post office, shop, amazon locker, etc).

Edited by discus

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derek B said:

Thanks Lothar - this (and the single seat version) are on my future 'to buy/make' list for my Hellenic Air Force collection!).

Cheers

Derek

Definitely, the Greek 2000-C is an excellent choice and also my favourite scheme - they can be so nicely "weathered" ;) I have the excellent Duke Hawkins reference book dealing with the -5 version so I know what to look after for the changes the Greeks had.

Lothar

Edited by Lothar

For those who have facebook, there is a mirage 2000 group build running, mostly with the new KH kits, where people discuss modifications and configurations. Mostly in french but about everybody understands english too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/271540610498251/?multi_permalinks=295013518150960%2C292920928360219%2C292922491693396%2C293787908273521%2C295028818149430&notif_id=1586501138528278&notif_t=group_activity

it's a private group, so if you are interested, you have to ask for admission

On 3/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, Rogier77 said:

I miss the French nuclear missile for the N version. That is very unfortunate. What is also not in the box are the pilot figures. In recent months you have seen photos on various forums with a pilot figure. So it is not in the box. I personally think this is a miss. Oh well, you must have something to wish for right?

Wait for Eduard. I'm sure there will be more ordinance etc., coming from the aftermarket sector for the 2000 series.