Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000D/N out now

Lothar

i-g25BW8j-L.jpg

Just received my kit and what did I find inside the box? Yes, exactly. Couldn't help it, but I had to laugh. Nice gesture anyway. Now

it's time to look at a lot of plastic. Maybe I should wear one of the masks when doing that :P ?

Lothar

Edited by Lothar

1 minute ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently mine was delivered fifteen minutes ago, I also signed for it, which is news to me...

One doesn't have to sign for packages overhere anymore. The driver signs for you if you just

confirm that you're the recipient. And they all wear latex gloves lately.

Lothar

6 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

It would've been impossible to sign for it, as it hasn't been delivered, the FedEx virtual assistant just takes you round in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up on ebay in a couple of days...

Any chance that he / she deposited the package at a neighbour? If not, any chance to file a case with Paypal or Ebay?

15 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

It would've been impossible to sign for it, as it hasn't been delivered, the FedEx virtual assistant just takes you round in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up on ebay in a couple of days...

Have you checked your bins? They do love leaving parcels in bins or in one case under my car when I was unable to get to the door in the 30 seconds he was willing to wait. 

7 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Any chance that he / she deposited the package at a neighbour? If not, any chance to file a case with Paypal or Ebay?

No, I'm home, been waiting in all morning, had a look outside, not in any of the bins - they sometimes put parcels in the paper bin - or round the back of the house, maybe the delivery person said they'd delivered it as they couldn't make the 12pm deadline, going to phone their UK customer phone line in a minute. Just be thankful you don't live in the UK, we have to deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis, the county's full of plebs.

6 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Have you checked your bins? They do love leaving parcels in bins or in one case under my car when I was unable to get to the door in the 30 seconds he was willing to wait. 

Just checked under the car, nadda. I hate this country.

Ive had similar with the locals FedEx who seem to sub contract to a local smaller firm. The tracking said failed delivery, addressee not home. I was. All day. The way I’ve got the sofa to park my bum in and watch tv gives me the view right outside my house and drive. Granted I can’t be watching all day as even I need to answer the call of nature on occasion. Apparently this particular driver was known for this practice. No note through the door as you get with most other missed deliveries. No call centre where you get to talk to a human. No number for the local depot. Just sit and wait for the second attempt next day. Luckily I was off that day so was in to take delivery. Not so lucky for him though. 

I contacted them via the UK website chat, had an email off the person contacting the depot, parcel has just been delivered, when the driver gave his bs excuse - he said there were a couple of other deliveries on the street and got mixed up - I had to move quickly, faster than Bruce Lee on a good day, for his nose did grow at an alarming rate right where I was standing, through the house, and out via the bi-folds into the back garden where a pig was flying by, after Jeremy, the pig, said hi di hi, his nose retracted back to it's normal size as quickly as it did grow, and off he went, smelling of bovine manure. Just another normal day in sunny England.

On the plus side, it's a very nice kit, a few issues aside, highlighted by people more knowledgeable than me, not hard, some am decals, a resin cockpit from Aires, the ResKit wheels, and Bob's your Uncle!

I see the non-chaff spine is included, so will more than likely be the same plastic in the B kit.