Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000D/N out now

Lothar

5 minutes ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

I think the desert painted ones had recently returned from deployments with a high ops tempo.

Africa.  Chad or that neighborhood.  I checked my records.  I shot these in September of 1994.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like it.

8 hours ago, discus said:

The standard configuration with the AS-30L on the -D was assymetrical: AS-30L under right wing, PDLCT under left air intake, center tank and 2200L fuel tank under left wing. Then o, 1 or 2 magic II.

Well, there’s always an Afghanistan load with the centerline AUF2 loaded with a pair of CMK “GBU-12s”, which actually seem to be GBU-49s.

7 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

I think the desert painted ones had recently returned from deployments with a high ops tempo.

Africa.  Chad or that neighborhood.  I checked my records.  I shot these in September of 1994.

This camo was initially applied for Red Flag

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Well, there’s always an Afghanistan load with the centerline AUF2 loaded with a pair of CMK “GBU-12s”, which actually seem to be GBU-49s.

Yep that's the standard conf now that the AS-30L has been retired.

Or you have the latest conf for the N with 2 GBUs centerline and 1 GBU under each air intake. (but the N is now retired from service).

Edited by discus

4 hours ago, discus said:

Or you have the latest conf for the N with 2 GBUs centerline and 1 GBU under each air intake. (but the N is now retired from service).

Could the N carry the designator pod under the intake, or was it just used as a buddy bomber with someone else carrying the pod?

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Could the N carry the designator pod under the intake, or was it just used as a buddy bomber with someone else carrying the pod?

No designator pod on the N, only the D can carry it (and some export versions).

So the N needed a Rafale or a D to illuminate the targets.

The FedEx tracking for my kits is showing some weird stuff since leaving China.  Assume that PH is Philippines and TW is Taiwan, which seems a strange route to go since most cargo flights are direct to the US.  As of yesterday, delivery was supposed to be tomorrow, but now  the delivery date is “pending”.

Monday , 3/23/2020

8:40 pm

TA YUAN DISTRICT TW

In transit

8:16 pm

TA YUAN DISTRICT TW

In transit

4:43 am

ANGELES CITY PH

In transit

2:14 am

GUANGZHOU CN

In transit

2:05 am

GUANGZHOU CN

Departed FedEx location

Got my shipping notice last Friday, but Fedex tracking shows that the parcel was delivered to

them "at the latest possible" pick up time today only. Delivery for now scheduled for Thursday.

I'm in no hurry, but I'll definitely start cutting plastic the minute it gets here, whenever that 

maybe.

Lothar