Standing Down

LSP_Kevin

All the best Kev, whatever lies ahead for you. Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, fun and informative place. It's the first, and sometimes the only, site I will check everyday. It's not just because of the subject matter, but the atmosphere and the way it is run. 

Thank you!

Richard

Hi Kev,

I can only echo what others have voiced - we are all eternally grateful for what you helped create here. your DNA is all over this site which is what makes it unique and home from home for all of us

I hope you do stick around in some capacity and post some WIPs, and look forward to seeing KLP Publishing go from strength to strength. I should also thank you for my Spitfire book, I am super proud of that and without you it not only would never have happened, but without your hand on the tiller it would have been a bit of a mess most likely :)

All the best

Peter

What fish - I didn't give you any fish? 

Dude, you are truly one of the greats in the modelling world as you give so much to this community. This greatness can be measured by all the well wishes here. So for whatever reason for you needing to step back, a hearty thank you mate for all your efforts and I hope to catch up at Model Expo in June - that's if we all don't have the dreaded global lurgy going around! 

Cheers big ears!

Adam

Thanks for all the generous comments and support, guys. I'll be around for a while longer yet, as I have a few long-standing plans for the website that I need to bring to fruition, and with my load here already becoming lighter, I hope to start working on those things soon. I've also still got a few reviews to do, so look out for those, too!

As for modelling, a big part of my decision to step down is the realisation that I haven't finished an aircraft model in over 2 years now, and with my bench time having dwindled to zero, I've been reduced to being a bystander in a hobby I've worked so hard to support. Having found some time to build a Deadpool figure over the January holidays, I was struck by how emotionally satisfying it was to be building something again, and I certainly need that outlet in my life these days.

So, once the dust settles, I do indeed hope to be seeing you all again in the WiP forum, but as an ordinary LSP citizen once again.

Kev

The amount of work that Kev has put into the site over the years has been absolutely phenomenal - and from most members' perspective all you see is the tip of the iceberg above the surface - there's a huge amount more that goes on in the background that largely goes unseen, in order to keep everything functioning as it does.

Really looking forward to seeing you building again Kev - some cracking projects in the past - especially taking and improving some of the older kits out there!

Iain

While this news is surprising, I'm glad it isn't truly sad, like you were leaving the site for good.  Your fingerprints will remain all over this terrific site for many years to come and from what I've seen of the other Mod's, it will remain in good hands.  Thank you Kevin for all your dedication and hard work here at LSP.  Now get modeling again and show us what you're building!

Cheers,

Chuck

Kev, very sad you're stepping down but also very happy you are staying around and look foward to seeing some of your great work in the future.

Many thanks for all the amazing work you have done here for all these years, personally I love the LSP forums and its only place I post my work on. 

Cant wait to see that Fw 190 conversion finished at some point in the future!

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Kev for all the hard work you have done for the LSP community! Cannot imagine all the time you have dedicated to our LSP site iinpast years.

Hopefully you will have more time to enjoy the building again.

And I'm really glad that you will still be here around

jan