F-4E 496th TFS Hahn AB

scott_t

I am in with an F-4E from the 50th TFW, 496th TFS from Hahn AB, Germany from 1979.

The picture is what I would like to come close to.

This will be the Tamiya kit with an Avionix cockpit, Wingman Models slatted wing conversion with the TISEO, and AirDOC decals.

Interesting is the gray and blue sealant used on a few panels under the forward cockpit and it looks like someone touched up some paint up front with what looks

like olive drab.

Work will start with the kit fuselage …..sanding down the raised panels that should not be raised, rescribing once those panels are leveled out, a few panel line corrections

in the ass end area, and fitting seamless intakes.

Will post some pics as things progress.

Thanks for looking !

Scott

9WRQfs.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/kCvn7/1

just a few pics  …...

first one is some of the items I am going to incorporate into the build. I have other things, such as some Eduard phot-etch, pitot tubes, some weapons that are still TBD....

foyIeh.jpg

Started by marking raised panels that I am knocking down. I use dyno tape to help protect the areas around the panel prior to sanding and then re-scribe after.

N9VzOW.jpg

and then I managed to hack some plastic out to make room for the seamless intakes …..

8kBdPZ.jpg

I also reworked a few panel lines in the rear end to match up to CAD drawings.

That's all for now …..

Scott

Quick update …… attached the seamless intakes (Rhino Models) and had to fair them in a bit with super glue as the filler.

The brown paint you see is a primer color from MiG AMMO which I sprayed on and did some sanding over the raised panel areas that

I had to knock down to a level state.

Yes, that is a F-4G nose converted with the GT Resins set for the G. Just temp installed as I wanted to see how it looked. With a nose assembly attached

it makes for a big model.

Thanks for looking

- Scott

iUAIgx.jpg

N7aZNa.jpg