Infinity Models de Havilland DH.100 Vampire - first test shots

Jan_G

1 hour ago, adameliclem said:

These are add-on detail sets. Another Infinity post lists detailed flaps, ordnance options (rockets, bombs) and other small details in resin and photo-etch in the works for the Vampire.

Adam

Hmmm…the kit is probably not for me.  The wheels and one type of ordnance need to be included in the kit. I did not buy the Hell Diver due to the $$$ for the wing folds.  

28 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Hmmm…the kit is probably not for me.  The wheels and one type of ordnance need to be included in the kit. I did not buy the Hell Diver due to the $$$ for the wing folds.  

Rest assured that the base kit has IM wheels, with tires and hubs molded separately. Dunno about ordnance. Based on the list of resin and PE enhancements announced for the Vampire, it does not appear that Infinity will be repeating the mistake (my judgment) of providing essential assemblies and details as expensive add-ons. No more bombers without bomb-bays, one hopes.

Adam

Edited by adameliclem

flaps closed and airbrakes shut for me on this one - there are too many 1/32 models I want to buy and too few pennies in my wallet now and that's getting worse.  Aftermarket is now a thing of the past for me and in my view it's a good idea they don't include all this resin stuff in the kit for me as long as the price reflects that.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:19 AM, npb748r said:

in my view it's a good idea they don't include all this resin stuff in the kit for me as long as the price reflects that.

Hear hear.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, npb748r said:

flaps closed and airbrakes shut for me on this one - there are too many 1/32 models I want to buy and too few pennies in my wallet now and that's getting worse.  Aftermarket is now a thing of the past for me and in my view it's a good idea they don't include all this resin stuff in the kit for me as long as the price reflects that.

I'm still up for some AM like an Eduard Löök cockpit IP (if one emerges) but am getting pickier. Resin can add detail and flaps a lot of character but it's such a PITA using cyanoacrylate adhesives. 

Still waiting for an honest fit review here on LSP (as opposed to one of those sales brochure "reviews" elsewhere).

Tony 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

That's the postman's surprise this morning.

url%5D

After a quick look it seems that the contents of the two boxes are similar, except of course the decals and notices.

The representation of the rivets is thinner than the images posted in the previous posts suggested. I think a little sanding should do the trick.

The project would be to transform one of the two into an SNCASE SE 535 "Mistral"  the French version of vampire, with Rolls-Royce "Nene" engine, used in operation during the Algerian War 

Richard