Infinity Models de Havilland DH.100 Vampire - first test shots

Jan_G

6 minutes ago, morane said:

I wonder why HpH thought it would have to cover its model with this awful representation of rivets. 
On the real plane they are just visible from very close.

Richard

I suppose that they think it’s better to include them for those who prefer that look because it’s easier to fill them for those who prefer accuracy?

1 hour ago, morane said:

I wonder why HpH thought it would have to cover its model with this awful representation of rivets. 
On the real plane they are just visible from very close.

Richard

I mentioned the rivets on Britmodeller and I got shot down saying we should be grateful in getting a Vampire. But to be honest they look far too over done and soft on the pictures they have shown so far. The airframe is a lot smoother and to correct this detail could be tricky and a lot work. I bought the Helldiver and then sold it because of the surface features, but I will probably buy a VAMPIRE, because it is a favourite and I may even see what sets I could do for it for my Aerocraft range.

It would be great if they could start improving the surface details, as there are other future releases I would like to get as well, like the VAL.

I’m not going to attack anyone because of their opinion, I can understand your point, but I’ll be more than happy to buy a couple of these kits and a bucket of Mr Surfacer to fill the divots.

Hopefully I’ll be able to turn one of them into a RAAF airframe, and that’s going to need more than a bit of putty and a few layers of paint!

37 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

I’m not going to attack anyone because of their opinion, I can understand your point, but I’ll be more than happy to buy a couple of these kits and a bucket of Mr Surfacer to fill the divots.

Hopefully I’ll be able to turn one of them into a RAAF airframe, and that’s going to need more than a bit of putty and a few layers of paint!

I fully agree with you, my main point it is one thing filling sanding and painting over everything, just then to reinstate what you want or need is tricky. This may turn out a lot better than I / we think, so time will tell. 
Many will not even worry about it and just build it, but if it is priced similar to the Helldiver basic kit, then in U.K. terms £100.00 is creeping up on price for a kit that MAY need a fair bit of work for a good finish. In the past and even on some current releases Airfix and Revell get serious criticism for panels lines that I am sure are much better than what HPH are providing. So my hope HPH will evolve and improve as  many other companies are. 
At the end of the day it is a VAMPIRE, and at least one will slip in my door.

10 hours ago, Ali62 said:

It would be great if they could start improving the surface details, as there are other future releases I would like to get as well, like the VAL.

Based on test shots Infinity has previously shown of their Aichi project, get ready for a lot of quilted panels and lot of rivet lines. 

I think model companies must bang their head against the wall wondering what decisions to take in respect of "to rivet or not to rivet' on a new kit. Put them on and people complain about size, placement, realism etc and if they don't, then the inevitable chorus goes up from the other side of  - "I'm going to have to use/buy a riveting wheel now to put all the rivets in that 'X' company should have included..blah blah"

As Lydgate famously said - "You can please.......!

Gary

• 3 weeks later...