Hasegwa Bf 109G-14/AS

LSP_K2

This is pretty gratifying. Sprue and several other favorites, seem to be out of the Quickboost Revi gun sights. I just discovered these here, in a box with mixed AM and kit parts. Not a huge deal, but it certainly pleases me. There was also an additional Eagle Parts '109 supercharger intake, and that's great, as I have a half dozen or so '109s to eventually get to.

BgwzEe.jpg

Go Kev go.  Likely my favorite kit ever produced.  

When you get around to painting your Revi 16B. I see the majority of us (including myself) always paint the gunsight in RLM 66.  The majority of the late war sights were actually left in a natural metal state and not painted at all.  Picture provided for reference only.  Enjoying your build.  

9dwInqb.jpg

I decided to separate the AM from the misc. kit parts last night. I have AM in a whole bunch of locations, too many, really, and one goal this year, is to consolidate them, then do an inventory, as I’m sure there’s stuff for kits I no longer have or will not likely reacquire. Anyway, mixed within that same box, was this bit of ‘109 P.E. Doubtful I’ll use most of it, but at least I do have it.

RDLlSe.jpg

I couldn't get the photoetch canopy frame to work out for me, unfortunately!  I hope you are more successful... it looks really nice if you can pull it off!  If the yellow "15" didn't have a thin black border, I would volunteer making up a mask for you.

23 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

I couldn't get the photoetch canopy frame to work out for me, unfortunately!  I hope you are more successful... it looks really nice if you can pull it off!  If the yellow "15" didn't have a thin black border, I would volunteer making up a mask for you.

Well, actually I probably won't be using most of it, other than the canopy hinges, and perhaps a couple of other small parts. As to the masks, I chased down several Montex sets that have outlined numbers, so no sweat there, though I do appreciate the offer.

• 2 months later...