What is the oldest original kit in your stash?

LSP_Mike

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The 10 speed will be re-released this year (Round 2).

Hello Kevin

Please can you tell us more? as I'm "bike addict" - announced and from which company, supplier?

Would have like to put my hand on this one, looks like very cool at this 1/8 scale.

Thanks

Raf

Man I just packed up several kits last weekend.

The Monogram F3F.  What year did that come out?  I packed up an original issue BoB Spitfire.  1969?  That was to be one of my favorite box tops ever.   If I haven’t packed up my Nitto Willow, I’ll get a picture for us.  That kit mentions 1973 on it.   

22 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

If I haven’t packed up my Nitto Willow, I’ll get a picture for us.  That kit mentions 1973 on it.   

Just got the re-released version of that, still a pretty decent kit, if a bit clunky on certain details. 

11 hours ago, rafju said:

Hello Kevin

Please can you tell us more? as I'm "bike addict" - announced and from which company, supplier?

Would have like to put my hand on this one, looks like very cool at this 1/8 scale.

Thanks

Raf

Round 2 will be releasing it later this year sometime.

The Schwinn Stingray has already been re-issued, but I believe that's been available for a while now, and is a kit that I absolutely will have. I had tons of fun on my own Stingray when I was just a kid.

29 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

A Schwinn Stingray?   Really?  Wow. That’s a flash back.   

It's a really old kit, but quite excellent as far as I recall, as was the 10 speed Continental, which I also owned as a kid, kit and the real bike. I rode many a mile on that old Schwinn, I can tell you that.

When I'm looking at my stash  I AM the oldest thing there.

Do have a 32nd PYRO vintage 1915 PIE WAGON going back to the 60's..Had a testors 1/48 chrome plated P-51 which was given away a short while back.liked those when I was a kid.

05HGSX.jpg

Edited by williamj

I came to the hobby late. The model that's been in my stash the longest is the first model I bought - Tamiya's 1/32 Mk.IX Spitfire. My poor little naive self thought all 1/32 kits would be as good as that one...

Actual oldest kit must be Hasegawa's 1/32 Boeing F4B-4 & Curtis BF2C-1, Hales P-26A Peashooter, & Minicraft/Hasegawa Boeing P-12E. 

Lovely interwar subjects, before they became trendy.

Also, Hasegawa's Fi-156C Storch & Me-163B Komet, Minicraft/Hasegawa Me 262A-1,  and Hasegawa's Ki-43 Oscar are all ancient. And Hasegawa's old Fw190D-9 "the Fall of the Reich". Revell's Hawker Hurricane looks ancient, but the oldest looking kit must be Scratchbuilders J7W1 Shinden - 20th century resin, has not aged well.

Revell's old Matchbox reboxing of the Westland Lysander looks very dated.

Pretty much everything else I have is 21st century manufactured.

Well . . . I have an Airfix 1/32 DAK multipose set, which must date to 1975, or so.  I also have Monogram's 1/32 Panzerspahwagen, circa 1974, and a nice little 1/32 Airfix Crusader Mk. III, but I'm not sure if it's original or a reissue.

I also have a bunch of the Airfix 54mm Napoleonic (1970s era), and even some original Historex of same.  In fact, I think one of those dates to 1970.

And come to think of it, I also have a Merit/Monogram 54mm DAK figure from 1969, I believe.

I could go on . . .