F-86K RNoAF

Winnie

I have an unstarted F-86K kit, by KH, that I'll enter. I'll post sprue pics when I get home in 14 days, but as I'm at work it'll have to do with the box, and what I want to achieve.

Bed61D4.jpg

g275iSj.jpg

rJfTIvo.jpg

LlJDNIt.jpg

The aftermarket includes Eduard Internals and externals, AMS MB Mk. 5 Seat, and homemade stencils for the "Cola Red" aerobatics team from 334th RNoAF Squadron. Cola being the Call Sign.

Looking forward to this one!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, proof of life here! Managed to travel home from work, only 1 flight and not to the main terminal at home, only a small airline for local provincial work anyway. Also managed a run into a grocery store that was actually only missing eggs... funny.

Anyway, here is the kit, New in box, with a few little bits of Eduard, Archer rivets, and AMS seat for the modified K's that happened after a few accidents during take-off.

The paper sheet is my tentative masks for the Cola Red markings, with a Red tail (go figure)... It is for the Tail number 272, RI-F, most images I have are blurry, so this will be as best I can make it, and also, as we have seen, I'm no expert at modelbuilding, but I'll make a good attempt at this. KH isn't easy, but neither was my Revell Lynx so...

S150VR7.jpg

The kit on my recently cleaned desk!

AyeC5Nx.jpg

K5DY3dJ.jpg

Mask template

0HAyvq8.jpg

Sprues

NWRy8g4.jpg

We can see that this is a Sbare Jet

G5WMxq2.jpg

Aftermarket!

Cheers guys!

Surely it wouldn't take you 45 minutes to separate the seat from the casting block...?  Masks are looking good.  One thing I have noticed with the F-86K vs the F-86F judging by photos is that the F tended to have the airbrakes hanging, and the flaps up wheras the K seems to have the airbrakes up and the flaps down.  Not sure why that is.  Change in the layout of the hydraulic system perhaps?

Leading edge flaps are just roll out as needed, they have to be up if the boarding step is open... As for the rest, I don't know. I sort of want the flaps dangling, but I also like a clean jet..

As for cutting the resin block, I tend to destroy my saws so I take it slow, but the dremel did super quick work of both the sawing, and sanding of the nub!

Ok, some self isolation progress. Also been given an extra week home so better use it!

Eq4YTFl.jpg 

268Z6cO.jpg

3lWhEux.jpg 

You can tell that input the spacer in the wrong spot... It isn't mentioned at all in the instructions. As a matter of fact, many issues aren't mentioned... But we figures it out.

Cheers

Harald

Looks pretty good Harald, I see a little register problem with your marking but nothing else obvious.  I guess time and hopefully patience (no need to hurry) is on everybody's side right now. <_<