Grumann F9-F-5 Panther FINISHED

Dukie99

This is the home stretch, I have applied a final varnish coat of Alclad Light Sheen on the airframe and I am getting all the final pieces ready for assembly.

bombs have been lightly weathered using the salt technique (hard to see on the pictures) and the band mark has been painted:

i-xHs8rBf-L.jpg

bang seat and transparencies and bits and bobs:

i-BskcqsC-L.jpg

Finals pictures soon.

Cheers,

David

2 hours ago, red Dog said:

me too, good show David

Always wanted to fold these wings :)

Thanks Red Dog, this aircraft would look good with the folded wings but you need to be a brave soul to fold the wing on the Fisher kit: major surgery required and the wings plus the tip tanks are solid resin, so attaching them to the hinge point would be a challenge.

I finished tonight without major hiccup and I am super happy with the result. This is a kit that was worth every penny. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

David

As promised, final pictures of the Panther under a glorious sun. One of the best kits I ever built. I used the casted brass legs Paul produced two years ago and given the sheer weight of this aircraft, I don't regret the purchase. I encourage anyone who has this kit to build it, it is a serious treat.

i-BWMDGtT-L.jpg

i-8qK6LhQ-L.jpg

i-5v3MzRn-L.jpg

i-GdCBzns-L.jpg

i-XfqP4dD-L.jpg

i-27GMQg2-L.jpg

Cheers,

David