Albatros D.Va, 'Stropp'

JamesHatch

Hi all,

I managed to get some work done these last weeks, and built this for Japan's World Scale Modeller magazine, as well as a yet-to-be-determined regular title. 

Not too many photos, but the usual reasons, clauses and NDAs! :rolleyes:

Screenshot-2020-03-03-at-13_46_28.thumb.

Screenshot-2020-03-03-at-13_46_43.thumb.

Screenshot-2020-03-02-at-19_04_04.thumb.

Screenshot-2020-03-02-at-19_03_28.thumb.

Edited by JamesHatch

31 minutes ago, Greif8 said:

Very well executed and gorgeous build James.  How did you replicate the wood grain on the fuselage if I may ask?

Thanks guys. 

I should've said...the fuselage is finished with Proper Plane's excellent plywood decals. It also has Proper Plane's wooden Axial prop, resin wheels and metal exhaust. 

There are also HGW's wood nail decals on the fuse. I opted to paint the stripes on the tail instead of using the kit decals.

3 minutes ago, JamesHatch said:

Thanks guys. 

I should've said...the fuselage is finished with Proper Plane's excellent plywood decals. It also has Proper Plane's wooden Axial prop, resin wheels and metal exhaust. 

There are also HGW's wood nail decals on the fuse. I opted to paint the stripes on the tail instead of using the kit decals.

Thank you James.  The wood decals do look great.  I used UvdR wood grain decals on the DV I recently built, and they look the part - but I may have to invest in some Proper Plane decals in the future as they look quite nice.

The wood grain on the closeup shots looks really good.  Very natural effect with that fan brush.

I have tried them but couldn't get them to work like that b/c the bristles are not firm enough.  

You have mastered the technique!