EE Lightning - Echelon vacuform

mozart

2 minutes ago, mozart said:

Sadly yes it has, no answer to getting it back I’m afraid, though my saviour :bow: Iain is going to mould me one from a new master that he’s made for his Trumpeter correction set. 

Ooof lucky, good of him.. However if there's a second one knocking about.... I could make my Dad's day with that... *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Edited by Subodai

OK, so I've dithered and procrastinated long enough but finally made a decision about a compromise with the u/c wells.  I've committed a pretty big sin by cutting up bits of the kit :o and hope I don't live to regret it in order to get the Aries AM to fit as well as possible then I'll work around making good afterwards:

yOB2Kh.jpg

8RTNan.jpg

I've put a smear of Liquitape so that I can position the pieces for the optimum fit:

iMhuO4.jpg

Once set I'll rebuild the side walls, add a little piping etc then start on t'other one. :blink:

Yup! And I thought I was brave cutting up a 1/32 B 17! At least with that one I could (possibly) still get replacement parts!

This’ll be a work of art in your capable hands when done though!

10 hours ago, chrish said:

Yup! And I thought I was brave cutting up a 1/32 B 17! At least with that one I could (possibly) still get replacement parts!

This’ll be a work of art in your capable hands when done though!

Hmmm, work of art or a plane crash mebbe! I was dreaming about the Lightning last night and came up with a solution to a bit of scratch-building that awaits me. It reminded me of my student days on my art course learning about the creative process: investigation - incubation - INSPIRATION!  

Edited by mozart

Max, I went through the usb stick I brought with me that was supposed to be a backup of my modeling info from my desktop. Unfortunately, the Lightning build wasn't on it. :(

I must have it archived in my desk somewhere, 1500 miles away. Wont be back till June (virus permitting). Sorry.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:33 PM, scvrobeson said:

I've always wondered about how to remove those little pips from the surface. That's what stopped me from finishing a Dynavector Wyvern, couldn't figure out how to remove those without putting little holes all over the surface.

Matt 

Ted Taylor built up an Echelon Lightning some years ago.  In the build he said he sanded off the pips:

http://tedtaylor.hobbyvista.com/82-echelon-lightning/page-82.html

Sanding the pips is not the problem, losing the already faint panel lines IS the problem! I’d rather not have to rescribe if I can help it, I’m rubbish at scribing. :blush:

This is what I'm trying to achieve in the main wheel well:

TQYmFV.jpg

Getting there:

IKEuRW.jpg

fsGWXQ.jpg

Don't think I need to do much more though a coat of paint will show me more. As well as adapting the Aries resin I’ve made the wheel well opening that I cut smaller by adding a thin bead of plasticard in places.

GdlrQd.jpg

Edited by mozart