EE Lightning - Echelon vacuform

mozart

8 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Max you are doing a great job with the detailing and scribing. This is going to look great when finished. You are also giving me some inspiration that one day I might build one of the 4 I bought off Frank Brown someday.

Best,

4!! You’ve got 4 of these beauties stashed away! :unsure: Wow. I don’t want to tempt fate by saying it’s easy or bullet proof because I know there are going to be issues downstream, most noticeably with the fuselage to wing interface, but it’s a wonderfully well-engineered kit. You really should have a go! 

6 hours ago, TaffyMan said:

Max nice re-scribe - I’m with you something I hate having to do + not very good at it - and there loads on those two Harriers I’m doing.

Looking forward to more Lightning magic Max

Cheers - Taff :D

Well one thing I've learned Taff, and this will be a surprise, is the more you do it, the (slightly) better you get at it.  Doing the easier flat things like wings will hopefully help with my apprenticeship when it comes to the fuselage!  Good luck with your Harriers, I need to get one of these at some stage so I'll be watching your progress.

4 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Hi Max, First time iv'e seen one of the beasties built.  Great work.. 

Vacforms scare me! 

Vacforms have a bit of a reputation Dave don't they, lots of sanding work that's for sure but I think treat them like a short run kit, the old Classic Airframes ones for instance which I loved, and they are not quite so daunting (said he!! :hmmm::wacko:).

4 hours ago, viper said:

Lovely job on this .. I built one a good few years ago it was my first ever vac build and I loved every moment of it ..will have to crack on with my 1/32 buccaneer at some stage ..

Thanks, I'm enjoying this one for sure, I just wish it would rain for a couple of days a) because the garden needs it and b) so I can stay indoors and work on the Lightning!

Edited by mozart

Yep Max totally agree - practice makes perfect…… or is it just less !ock-ups!!!! :blink:

Just finished making some guides for the wings and trying my luck at the moment. Like you not looking forward to trying to sort the Fuselage out.

Oh yeah still don’t like it - and seeing as its easter it’s forcing me to eat more chocolate. :wicked:

Cheers - Taff

38 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Rescribing truly is evil work. Probably the part I hate most about the hobby. I would rather remove resin pour blocks and sand the parts level all day over scribing of any variety scribe a circle or anything other than a straight line? No, no thanks. Not today. 

You need a hobby, Ade.

Maybe train modelling?

17 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

You need a hobby, Ade.

Maybe train modelling?

Train modelling? How very dare you Sir! I do have a hobby, helping you build your stash with my cast offs. I have no doubt there will be more props to offload at some point. If you’re still after that ZM Hs 129 thingy there’s some decent prices to be found on the Mig Jimenez web shop. Just ordered a Skyraider with free shipping. 

25 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Train modelling? How very dare you Sir! I do have a hobby, helping you build your stash with my cast offs. I have no doubt there will be more props to offload at some point. If you’re still after that ZM Hs 129 thingy there’s some decent prices to be found on the Mig Jimenez web shop. Just ordered a Skyraider with free shipping. 

Diolch yn fawr!