EE Lightning - Echelon vacuform

mozart

27 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

For the Spitfire Mk.I I'm building, I made a two pages list of all the modifications and corrections I had to do. I did globally 80% of them and finally I lost it!

It is probably somewhere between two books but I feel plain stupid!

I should have chosen a more formal approach but I've difficulties to do it with the hobby. My job asks me to be VERY compliant with strict processes, so chosing a more casual route with my hobby is somewhat refreshing even if this may lead to some stupid side-effects... :doh:

It's what we call a "busman"s holiday" in the UK Thierry; a bus driver drives buses all day for work then gets on one when he goes for his holiday (this saying pre-dates air travel and exotic things like that for ordinary folk!).  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

For the Spitfire Mk.I I'm building, I made a two pages list of all the modifications and corrections I had to do. I did globally 80% of them and finally I lost it!I

Almost all my notes are combined/written on the instructions or drawings.  Lists do not really work for me after setting one aside for a few days. 

What is it about Lightnings?!  On a whim I thought I might build a 1/48 scale Lightning in tandem with the Echelon one, it could act as a reference for some areas of the vac build perhaps and be posable in the background for RFI views. I know Airfix made a pretty accurate one a few years ago, but like the Trumpeter 1/32 Lightning they are as rare as hen’s teeth and damned expensive! I finally found three on eBay and all were in excess of £60.00 when postage was included. Way too much for an old man’s whim! 

(Every time I think of the word “whim” I’m reminded of Spike Milligan and the Goon Show: “Why are you tied to that ironing board Neddy?” “It’s an old man’s whim.” “OK, why are you tied to that old man’s whim?  Innocent days. :D )

8 minutes ago, mozart said:

What is it about Lightnings?!  On a whim I thought I might build a 1/48 scale Lightning in tandem with the Echelon one, it could act as a reference for some areas of the vac build perhaps and be posable in the background for RFI views. I know Airfix made a pretty accurate one a few years ago, but like the Trumpeter 1/32 Lightning they are as rare as hen’s teeth and damned expensive! I finally found three on eBay and all were in excess of £60.00 when postage was included. Way too much for an old man’s whim! 

(Every time I think of the word “whim” I’m reminded of Spike Milligan and the Goon Show: “Why are you tied to that ironing board Neddy?” “It’s an old man’s whim.” “OK, why are you tied to that old man’s whim?  Innocent days. :D )

What version are you after Max? Early or late?

To be honest Lothar I really don’t mind, I saw a rather tasty 56 Squadron Mk 3 in full Firebirds regalia which would be the pick of the bunch, but it seems beggars can’t be choosers on this occasion! 

Max, I might be able to get a new F1/F1.A which Airfix recently re-released from a friend

of mine quite cheap. Let me know if interested and I'll get in touch with him and let you know

what he's asking.

Lothar

7 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I'll get back to you soonest. His wife kicked him out so he needs to sell some kits for

the money - I'll try to take advantage of that :innocent:

Lothar

Thanks Lothar, very much appreciated!  Poor chap, or perhaps not?!

1 minute ago, mozart said:

Thanks Lothar, very much appreciated!  Poor chap, or perhaps not?!

Yes, indeed. He's actually a professional railroad modeller working for various magazines here in Germany and

occasionally drifts into modelling aircraft. Now he needs to look for a new place were he can start working again.

Lothar