DACO 1/32 Fouga Magister?

quang

20 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way, the curator of the Stampe & Vertongen museum published a very nice 64 pages Fouga Magister walkaround book of the flying plane they own. I purchased it yesterday from the IPMS Antwerpen stand for 15 euros. Highly recommended !

Although it's probably on the pricey side, I want to buy one to say thanks to DACO.  Thanks for the update Tnierry.

Tony 

There was a post on a Britmodeller thread, that I meant to post here, but forgot, but here it is, posted September 13 by Branky:

"Spoke with Danny Coremans about this recently (Less than 3 weeks ago)  and the transport costs of getting the stuff to europe from China is currently to high so for the time being it has been put on Ice. "  

2 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Mid-2021 prices to get a container from China were still eight times higher than they were before the Covid...:doh: This will change but will take time and very probably we will never go back to 2019 status.

Indeed, I've seen news items regarding small businesses over here unable to transport their goods from China because the costs are unviable.

Any chance you could post a few phots of the book Thierry, had a look on the museum website, but there's nothing there?

Good to know the project is not dead. May be frozen but at least not dead.

In a time when even big companies redesign their strategies and especially refrain from producing big kits, it is only natural that small companies try to survive and keep their projects alive.

Producing a kit is more expensive than many people think and can easily crush a small company if not correctly handled. That is why they must be supported.

I'm sure DACO will come out with their Fouga Magister somehow and someday... either under their brand or maybe with some collaboration. This has been a very nice project to kill and the owners will do their best to bring it I'm sure.

I'm pleased that this project is still alive and I wish Danny the best of luck with it's eventual release.

I was just talking about this a couple of weeks ago with a good friend of mine, hoping it was still possible.

When you make this investment and it's just sitting somewhere, not recouping it must be very frustrating for him.

However I'm still waiting patiently like everyone else here, the experts say the shipping system might reset itself in 2023 so let's hope. . 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Yes Andy. I will try to find a little bit of time in the next days to cover that book and the new AIMS Spit sets I got last week.

Thierry that will be great, especially if you are able to point us in the direction where we maybe able to purchase that book from.

Looking forward to that.

I'm just curious, is it the tooling/moulds they wish to transport here in Europe or is it the produced kits in forms of final product whose transportation costs are high and they are waiting for the freight prices to go down before they start production in China?

I did not discuss that but I do not think his idea was to move the molds. This is not a normal practice. Another problem is the very, very high cost of storage in China. This is not fostered by the authorities either and results in direct shipping in normal conditions. In Covid situation this lack of stock worsened the availability of many manufactured products as there is no buffer to absorb production issues. 

1 hour ago, quang said:

I was at the IPMS Belgium Nationals yesterday saturday.
Too bad I missed the Fouga book (and Thierry Laurent :()

Cheers,

Quang

Yeah, indeed! Too Bad. I was with my son and decided very late to go there as normally I was not available. I also missed Olivier (I saw his Kfir).

Hi All

About books on the subject:

This one is also of a great interest: (but in french)

"Magister dixit". L'Histoire du Fouga et de ses dérivés. | Avions-Bateaux.com

Mise en page 1 (avions-bateaux.com)

and I would recommend the book from Joe Maxwell and "Radub":

Fouga Magister by Joe Maxwell, Radu Brinzan | Book (diecastmates.com)

As many here, can't wait for the kit!!!!!!!!!!