Upcoming LSP Group Build - Cold War Jets.

BradG

Would a F-4C in ANG markings count? They probably fit the time frime but the markings I have

in mind (Speed Hunter Graphics decals) might not be suitable to be used in a probable combat zone.

Lothar

Edited by Lothar

26 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Would a F-4C in ANG markings count? They probably fit the time frime but the markings I have

in mind (Speed Hunter Graphics decals) might not be suitable to be used in a probable combat zone.

Lothar

Yes that's fine.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, BradG said:

Depends on the country it flew for and the time it was in service. So an Argentine or Egyptian one, no, but a Dutch or Belgian aircraft, yes.

How's this Brad? I want to build the Danish jet. I take it that is cool?

I just got these.

Cheers mate.

HllYep.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, Mark M said:

would the Bell X-1 meet the criteria?

im only just getting back into the swing of things and a simple build may be better for me

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

cheers Brad ill start it this week after i finish the mig

Looking forward to it! 

In a country across the North Sea, many years ago this kit was purchased and started as well as adding some aftermarket goodies.  I have trimmed the KMC cockpit to fit the fuselage and scribed most of the panel lines.  Some parts are glued together and sanded, but there's a fair bit of work left as I want to add the open electronics bay, "hyd hatch" and resin wheel wells.  Some scratchbuilding will be required as well to make the Aero 3 catamaran launchers, and I need some resin wheels and AIM-9Bs.  Would this be OK for entry?  In terms of theme, it doesn't get much more "Cold War" than a Norwegian Starfighter...:)

DNkHgZa.jpg

12 hours ago, jenshb said:

In a country across the North Sea, many years ago this kit was purchased and started as well as adding some aftermarket goodies.  I have trimmed the KMC cockpit to fit the fuselage and scribed most of the panel lines.  Some parts are glued together and sanded, but there's a fair bit of work left as I want to add the open electronics bay, "hyd hatch" and resin wheel wells.  Some scratchbuilding will be required as well to make the Aero 3 catamaran launchers, and I need some resin wheels and AIM-9Bs.  Would this be OK for entry?  In terms of theme, it doesn't get much more "Cold War" than a Norwegian Starfighter...:)

DNkHgZa.jpg

You gonna go with green or NMF?

Natural metal finish or grey.  Only the CF-104s were green over grey.  The Luftforsvaret also received a handful of Canadair-built F-104Gs  which were overall ligth grey but with white wings.  The CF-104s were purchased outright and tasked with anti-invasion defence (i.e. strike and groudn attack), whereas the F-104Gs were interceptors.  When 331 Sqn (operating F-104Gs) were converting to F-16s, 334 Sqn with their CF-104s were tasked with intercept duties utnil 331 became operational on the Viper.

Whether it will end up as natural metal or grey depends on how smooth I can make the surface.:)