Sign in to follow this  
Mark M

I'm Back! - sort of

UPDATE- 

guys ive not left again, but im a Mental Health Nurse and im running a quarantine unit in our mental health hospital, and well im bolloxed im working 16hr days and / or nights and well a bit busy, ill check back when i can

On 2/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mark M said:

Hi guys ive been away for about a year, and i feel i owe a bit of an explanation

im still making models and posting on my forum, but ive seriously cut back on my posting everywhere else

a little over a year about, i was involved in a serious violent incident at work where a colleague and myself nearly got killed by a mentally ill patient of ours. subsequently my brain went into over load and i just couldn't cope with all the different things going on in my life, so i cut out a lot of things in life and posting on this and a couple of other forums were part of that - Sorry!

i have been diagnosed with a form of PTSD and had and still having treatment. Life is much more settled now, so trying to catch up on life

i hope to resume normal service soon, im going to take time to catch up on here and hopefully have a few things in the pipeline to post up

Mark

Sorry to hear this, Mark. I too have PTSD. It complicates everything. 

I wish you luck in moving forward. You owe no apology. 

Indeed, no apologies necessary in any way. We all face different challenges in life, especially lately and our hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing..............so when it isnt, its ok to step away. It happens all the time, and people come and go as they need.  Just part of life! 

15 hours ago, Mark M said:

UPDATE- 

guys ive not left again, but im a Mental Health Nurse and im running a quarantine unit in our mental health hospital, and well im bolloxed im working 16hr days and / or nights and well a bit busy, ill check back when i can

i can relate a little bit, my wife is also a psychiatric nurse....

hang in there, Mark

8 hours ago, blackbetty said:

i can relate a little bit, my wife is also a psychiatric nurse....

hang in there, Mark

Me too! My mother went bonkers and tried to strangle me when I was 12! And her sister was mad as well. :D

Thanks Guys

i know i dont have to explain but a i just came back i didnt want to just disappear again

keep safe everyone

Mark,

Welcome back and so sorry to hear of your troubles.  But really, welcome back!  Modeling is so healthy and helpful in so many ways, but the group here has made a big difference in my life during some rough patches the last five years.

Glad you are back and super job on the MIG.  Keep it coming!

Chris

Nice looking Foxhound.

I can't get enough of Russian interceptors, and while preferring them in cellulose aluminium the teflon grey finish is pretty slick.

Take care at work — it's at times like these that we get to appreciate who really are the important people, like nurses.

Tony