Sign in to follow this  
Mark M

I'm Back! - sort of

Hi guys ive been away for about a year, and i feel i owe a bit of an explanation

im still making models and posting on my forum, but ive seriously cut back on my posting everywhere else

a little over a year about, i was involved in a serious violent incident at work where a colleague and myself nearly got killed by a mentally ill patient of ours. subsequently my brain went into over load and i just couldn't cope with all the different things going on in my life, so i cut out a lot of things in life and posting on this and a couple of other forums were part of that - Sorry!

i have been diagnosed with a form of PTSD and had and still having treatment. Life is much more settled now, so trying to catch up on life

i hope to resume normal service soon, im going to take time to catch up on here and hopefully have a few things in the pipeline to post up

Mark

its been a bit of a trek and ive had some very dark times where life seemed too much but hopefully thats in the past now

ive kept the bench going for that exact reason but not to my normal level

Sorry to hear that Mark, but glad you're back.

18 minutes ago, Mark M said:

... going to take time to catch up on here and hopefully have a few things in the pipeline to post up ...

Look forward to seeing them in due course.

Glad to see you back Mark.

Modelling is indeed a therapy. A time to immerse yourself in the only thing that matters...... finding that resin piece thats just fallen on the floor! .

Seriously I can assure you there is light at the end of the tunnel, Just surround yourself with the right people and pastimes. 

Yes, no need for apologies, glad to have you back!

Indeed, its quite natural for life to take over and for people to come and go as life gets in the way of modeling.   

I can relate a tiny bit to your situation, as I used to work for ENCOR (Easter Nebraska Center on Retardation) for many many years, in a home with 4 developmentally disabled men. All had severe behavior issues.  I distinctly remember getting stabbed in the hand with a fork at a restaurant called Village Inn, then subsequently having the rest of the attack develop and finish in the parking lot. No harm done other than a bit of pain, and nothing it sounds like to your experience, but when things like that come up, it can indeed be very traumatic and sticks with you. 

Thanks for all you comments guys they mean a lot

so heres where im at 

currently working on a 1/48 HB mig-31, not much more to do then im thinking of building one of my 1/32 revell tornados before the italeri one arrives

DSCF5551-M.jpg
DSCF5552-M.jpg