Arado 234 and Heinkel 162 books

Hi 

Rich has a Aero Detail book in his current auction if you check on that section would put a link in but still getting to grips with this bloody chromebook !!

Bob

currently running at £3.20 a good price !!

Edited by Bob MDC

Got it now Bob. Have put in a bid but have been outbid already so I’ll let it go. The Valiant Wings book will probably be a cheaper option - when it’s in print again!!

But thanks for making me aware

Simon

Edited by SimonCornes

23 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Hi 

Rich has a Aero Detail book in his current auction if you check on that section would put a link in but still getting to grips with this bloody chromebook !!

Bob

currently running at £3.20 a good price !!

That one went for £31 + postage - crazy!!

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'd forgotten about the Classic Publications volume on the 162. It might or might not suit your specific needs, but is a good book, regardless.

Thanks Kevin, no I will get the Valiant Wings volume in April. The next problem is to find a kit at the right price!!

Cheers

Simon

I have the three mentioned books on the He-162.  I also have the Aero Detail on the Arado 234. 

I would agree with Kevin.  The Classic Publication on the He-162 is an awesome.  Quite pricy at the moment.   

The Valiant book mentioned is way better than the Aero Detail book (He 162) IMO except for the rubbish report and profile on the splinter upper wing He-162’s in the late production marks.  I know, I searched high and low for the unicorn He 162 picture confirmation for a long while.  Just ask D, a great friend and Fellow brother on LSP.  I tried to convince him for a years of the He 162 splinter camouflage.   Lol.  The period pictures on the questionable He 162 pictures actually depict numerous over painting of roundels and various RAF and American repainting over the years post war.  

The Aero Detail book also covers the Me 163 in the same volume which is a bonus, however the period He 162 restorations are horrible in comparison to the recent French He 162 restoration.  One of my favorite Luftwaffe aircraft restorations in recent years.  French aviation museum restoration of their He 162.  You might want to look up their restoration on their He 162 website which includes a video of the landing gear retraction and pain-taken research that went into restoring their example.   

Just my two cents worth here.  Good luck.  

Troy. 

Hye

In the past years, it was discussed that the 162's restauration had been followed by a book on it...if Philippe C. read us, perharps he could bring us news about the project...

Amities

Fab

Thanks Fab,

Yes, I have sen the video on You Tube of the undercarriage retracting and extending from numerous angles! Very well done! Is the restoration complete now?

Thanks Troy - ditto the French restoration. Regarding books, thanks for the qualitative opinion, I think the Valiant Wings book will suit my purposes. I don't want to acquire a huge amount of knowledge on the subject, just enough to make a proper fist of the model when I build it and the VW book sounds the best compromise between cost and content.

Thank you again

Merci Fab!!

What are the collective thoughts about the Kagero book on the Arado 234 - Murawski, etc? I have a Kagero book on the Heinkel 219 (It came 'free' with a kit) and I have to say that that I was impressed by the 3-D 'visualisations' of the interior. Is the one on the Arado worthy of consideration or should I hold out for the Valiant Wings book?

Thanks

Not bad but the Valiant book is offering far more diversity: walkaround, TM extracts, schemes info, kit and aftermarket list or review and so on. Kagero books have scale plans and color 3D views but, except that, contents are mainly text and B&W pics. I would consider them as an alternate source giving additional info but never as a single source of data for a modelling project. 

Thanks Thierry. I read one review on Amazon about the Kagero Vol 1 and the reviewer went on to refer to the VW book and suggested that the latter was actually better!

I had an email from VW this morning to say that they had no intentions of reprinting the 234 book anytime soon. So I will go with the Kagero book to start with and pick up the VW book as and when I can find a copy. My kit includes the Nightfighter option but I doubt the Kagero book will include anything about the radar operators station.  

Just had a look on Abe Books  I was looking for a copy of "Ironstone mining in the Lincolnshire wolds"  had a look at Ar234 prices medium to bloody stupid but it might be a start.

Bob

Edited by Bob MDC
more information