Arado 234 and Heinkel 162 books

Hi Guys

I'm after some opinion here. If you had to buy one book to serve as an aid to modelling either of these types, which book would you recommend? I have a Fly 234 night fighter so a bias towards that would be preferable.

i don’t want to spend a fortune and I don’t want an extensive read, just good background and good photo references. What would you suggest? 
Thanks

Simon

Edited by SimonCornes

And,  

Aero Detail 10 (a combined book on the Me163 and the He162) is worth having, too.

(Try the usual spots eg Amazon and AbeBooks, although the available titles in the Aero Detail range are also on the Hobbylink Japan site.)

For single titles only, my vote also goes for both Valiant books - they really are good, regardless of whether you're being serious about details or just aiming to be better informed and nudge things a bit more than the kits might offer. 

(I have both Aerodetail titles, too, and am glad I do - if you like photos of existing airframes (with useful captions), they're really handy and complement Valiant Wings.)

Cheers,

Matt

Guys, many thanks for your thoughts. I think that the Valiant Wings option will suit me best. I wonder how east it will be to find a copy of the Arado 234 book at a sensible price?!! No rush though.

Cheers

Simon

Any thoughts on the Schiffer book by Nowara on the 162? I can get hold of a copy easily enough but I suspect that the content is now a little dated and that the Valiant Wings book would be a better option?

Cheers

Simon

Thank you for that - a good book I can see. Valiant Wings will be at the Cosford Model show in early April so I can wait until then - if I have to pay full price, at least it would be post free! I doubt I'll see a second hand copy of either that book or the one on the Arado 234 but you never know!

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, SimonCornes said:

Thank you for that - a good book I can see. Valiant Wings will be at the Cosford Model show in early April so I can wait until then - if I have to pay full price, at least it would be post free! I doubt I'll see a second hand copy of either that book or the one on the Arado 234 but you never know!

Thanks again 

Looks like brand new:

www.misterkit.com - The Arado Ar.234

Italy based.

;)

Juraj

Thanks Juraj but at €33 it’s at about double it’s correct price so I think they are taking the mick! Sooner or later Valiant Wings will reprint it - but thank you for sending me the link, it’s good to know what’s out there!

Simon

Edited by SimonCornes

Thierry

Thanks for the info on Nowarra books, that’s settled that. I will wait for Valiant to reprint if I can’t get a second hand copy at a decent price. I will see Valiant Wings at the Cosford show in April and I will ask them if they have any plans to reprint soon.

Cheers

Simon