Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

You'll never guess who I met today...

I met none other than Field Marshall Albert Kesselring's great-nephew today! The family resemblance was uncanny, even at that genealogical distance. Kesselring's brother left Germany prior to WWI and settled in Cincinnati. Mr. Kesselring was amazed that I knew who his uncle was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Kesselring

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Interesting, Jennings.  About a month ago, my supervisor, a man younger than me, revealed that his mother's maiden name was Eichmann.  Apparently I was the only person he's ever told that had a reaction.

Speaking of Germans, two nights ago I watched (for about the fourth time) "The Boys from Brazil", perhaps the strangest role Gregory Peck ever played.

16 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Speaking of Germans, two nights ago I watched (for about the fourth time) "The Boys from Brazil", perhaps the strangest role Gregory Peck ever played.

I've never actually seen that movie.  When I was a kid, my mother gave me a short synopsis.  

15 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I've never actually seen that movie.  When I was a kid, my mother gave me a short synopsis.  

It's a bizarre movie, but well worth watching from time to time, at least as far as I'm concerned.

So Jennings, you bumped into the great nephew and saw that his last name was Kesselring and asked if he was related to THAT Kesselring?  Or something like that? 

Just wondering how the relationship came up in the course of normal conversation.

Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I saw this when a boy. Peck's performance was so disturbing, it has remained with me all these years. He did a great job!

Edited by mpk
Fingers

Well im isolation with my family theses days, not sick but for spred prevention... Id be happy to just meet anyone right now!!

Very cool meet Jennings.

Btw you guys watch "Hunters" on amazon prime, it al pachino hunting nazi in the us. Its good

14 hours ago, Neo said:

Well im isolation with my family theses days, not sick but for spred prevention... Id be happy to just meet anyone right now!!

Very cool meet Jennings.

Btw you guys watch "Hunters" on amazon prime, it al pachino hunting nazi in the us. Its good

Hunters is a pretty cool show.   Plenty of time these days to catch up on TV.