1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit of an update. I glued down a piece of styrene, painted it and weathered it to represent the aluminum plate that the C2 console seats (UH-1 Huey seats) were mounted to.

After that I glued on the crew chief sidewall armor to the cabin walls and began to layout how the MH-60L would have been equipped.  I'm sure it will change once I hear from its crew chief.

50008047507_5824cc9d12_k.jpg

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

Besides the fact that the console was too wide, I am told that neither CE seats were installed on the C2 helicopter during the blackhawk down mission. (Not too crashworthy) so I went on and redid a new console, but kept the panel. Since no seats were on the helo, I added some handles made from lead wire and tamiya tape and then added Micromark resin louver decals for the console vents.
Just waiting on some Anyz resin knobs to arrive so they can be added to the panel.

50028512732_a4cc6e2740_k.jpg

50027711968_49f03a44b5_k.jpg

50028513592_8145394c92_k.jpg

That's all till tomorrow night!

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

8 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Great work!  Never seen those louver decals before, those are definitely interesting.

Matt. 

There from micromark. It's a sample sheet that has a little of everything on it.  The sheet # 84985 Rivet detail.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

A little bit more progress.

I had to scratchbuild a special avionics box that was on Super 63 that sits in front of the fuel tank and painted it to replicate what it looked like on the real helicopter. 

A little bit closer to closing the interior up.

50032742217_e137f6322c_k.jpg

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

• 2 weeks later...

I painted the C2 console tamiya rubber black followed by a tamiya black wash and finally some dry brushing using tamiya Sky Grey and added some electrical connectors from evergreen rod and painted them Vallejo dark exhaust. 

I finished up the console wiring and now starting the minigun wiring using detail master DM-1420 hose. (Works perfect for wiring).

Boy, these are a pain to get glued in!!!

50078207497_eb123fb8ff_k.jpg

That's all for now.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench